Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thunderbolt colors

gtx6970

• 6 months later...

chris,all these cars were delivered with borg warner 4 speed trans. a lot of borg warner cars(and ford hx automatics) changed over to the ford toploader 4 speed trans when it was available later in 1964 and approved by the nhra for s/s.the tasca car raced all of 1964 with the borg warner trans.all cars came with a single exhaust system with a united auto supplied monroe "gold tone" muffler which satisfied nhra rules in s/s and a/fx.7" slicks in s/s and 10" in a/fx.aluminum front bumper in s/s and a fiberglass front bumpers and doors could be used in a/fx.when match racing the rules usually did not apply.these cars ( and others with aluminum and fiberglass body parts ) were not legal in s/s in 1965.

• 3 months later...

FYI, to bump up an old thread

I was in Smyths Automotive yesterday ( local auto parts chain ) and they had Wimbelton White in the Duplicolor rattle cans on the shelf .

so I picked up 2 cans and plan is get a few bodies painted in the next few weeks .

I want to do the Conner Ford and Archway Ford cars first

• 8 years later...