Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stalin 1200 Kombi - fictive car based on comic strip

Eero

Hello!

At this time I want to introduce you something quite odd... This is totally scratch built model. This is totally fictive and based on a Finnish comic strip. Fingerpori is very popular daily strip here in Finland. I collected as many pictures of this car I managed to found from those strips. After that I decided the measurements and details. Now it only needed some serious work...

I scratch built all the polystyrene parts. Seats have been made with cad. I created 3D-models and then ordered those seats from Shapeways. I also designed photoetched sheet for this project.

Yes, it's quite ugly, but it was very fun project to build!

Project topic can be found from this link:

http://www.fcma.fi/FCMABBS/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11229

...it's only in Finnish, but there's s a lot photos I took during the project.

stalin01.jpgstalin02.jpgstalin03.jpgstalin04.jpgstalin05.jpgstalin06.jpg

That is one seroiusly nice model car. Excellent, clean construction and fabulous scratchbuilding. Great work on the proportions - converting the comic strip car to 3D reality. The "oh-no" handles inside are a nice addition.

Is there a story behind the name? I know the Finns weren't/aren't too freindly with the big neighbor to the east...

I could have my mom translate the Finnish cartoon, but I think it would be hard to "get" the humor in english.

The name of this build caught my eye . I am totally impressed . It has the Style Stalin had in mind for the Masses . Eye candy and utilitarian . Just right and quite Original . None for me thanks . I do collect oddballs . I have 4 Communist Cars in my Collection . Just not this one . Thanx for sharing this excellent build .