Model Cars Magazine Forum

1987 Ken Ragan Ford

Billy Kingsley

This is copy and pasted from the NASCAR board...I never bothered to post it here due to the general lack of NASCAR support on the board, but now I WILL post it, and all future builds, in this section!!

My first set of Lobographix decals, and also my first 87-88 Thunderbird built. I had painted this one more then a year ago intending it to be Brett Bodine's #15 Crisco Ford from Bud Moore's stables, but I never did that. Over time I had forgotten why it never happened. I had thought, when I pulled it out to do this car, that I had set it aside because the Slixx decals didn't have foil numbers, which the car had. As it turned out, I had said it aside because the paint was poor....Not runny, but the coverage was insufficiant, the right side in particular was almost bare plastic. Unfortunatly, I didn't realize that until after I had started decaling!

I was a little worried, but the decals stuck like it was as shiny as glass. I was impressed! I was really afraid they wouldn't stick, but they did.

Overall, I'm happy with it...And I've since ordered some more from Lobographix, too!

Although it doesn't show well, the headlight covers are BMF. Also, the first decal I did on the car was the nose stripes. That had to go over several complex curves and was the first test, which passed with flying colors! I chose to use that one first because the decals provide a second set-the only diffrence is that one has the Thunderbird name on it, and one is solid red.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the photos...

2007December197-vi.jpg

2007December198-vi.jpg

2007December199-vi.jpg

2007December200-vi.jpg

2007December201-vi.jpg

Thanks Jay! Yes, the ride height has been lowered, significantly. A rudimentary form of working suspension too. I've been building curbside lately, and it gives a little more freedom to experiment. What I've been doing is just gluing it basically...no complete works, nothing too detailed...in the rear, just the cross frame into the chassis. In the front, only the bottom part is there...the upper A arms not populate my parts box, as do the springs, shocks et all in the back. The bottoms aren't even painted...but I never look at the bottoms once they are done anyway! LOL!

James, he found me! LOL! But, you can find them on Ebay...that's where I've gotten my sets...I have since gotten an order sheet and will soon be ordering a lot more, via mail-order. :lol:

Ebay's the best though as all their new stuff is on there.

You can find them here:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ2...Q3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

They don't list everything at the same time, so keep checking.