Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

@Ray- Not cigars........Turkish Gold's. :D Was kind of a joke about the Chevy power. But, I was figuring along the lines of the LS powered Jeep I mentioned. Any other clues? Obviously Ford power.......

No big secret or anything, just going to try and build a hot rod Jeep kind of like I saw in a Hot Rod magazine. Photo's of that one when I start the project in a week or so. Probably will put a small block Ford in it.

After chatting with a friend I had not seen in a long time on Facebook, I found he had some kits lying around he didn't want. So I went over there today. Well, a $123.00 dollars later I came home with this. And a tote, full of parts. bodies, pieces, and misc stuff. Now its a matter of what I want to keep, and sorting the parts.

20140222_160452.jpg20140222_160422.jpg

Edited by kingiguana

Just got back from the DuPage show and managed not to buy any new projects. That said, I did score some stuff to apply to my current projects. For my '62 Impala convertible I found a very battered original AMT '62 Chevy hardtop for $5; poor thing looked like it was sat on and glued back together - but it had a front seat that didn't have seat belts glued to it; plus one of the taillight units wasn't glued. (If anyone else has a gluebomb '62 I'll have a few leftover bits - rechromeable front and rear bumpers, a salvageable dash and windshield, rear quarters that haven't had skirts glued to them and the taillight panel.) Another vendor had a mint set of wheelcovers with tires and wheel backs for $5, so it looks like I have all I need to finish it.

For my '61 Ford wagon project I scored a pair of '58 T-birds for $5 each, which will provide the engine, drivetrain, front suspension and a few other bits.

And for the '57 Fairlane 500 project I got a $3 '57 parts pile kit that will help in converting it to a four-door, plus the dark brown paint for the two-tone roof and sides.

Another vendor had a boxful of tires for 25¢ each - got a full set of MPC Goodyear G70-15s for the '67 Chevy pickup.

Anyone else there today? I had a brief chat with Bob Dahl of Bob's Paints. Nice guy and I'll be doing business with him soon.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

After chatting with a friend I had not seen in a long time on Facebook, I found he had some kits lying around he didn't want. So I went over there today. Well, a $123.00 dollars later I came home with this. And a tote, full of parts. bodies, pieces, and misc stuff. Now its a matter of what I want to keep, and sorting the parts.

20140222_160452.jpg20140222_160422.jpg

Nice score...

101_6799_zps62c77971.jpg

got the sealed stang on saturday with the pontiac,

got the paints blades and exacto z blades yesterday (trip to mobile alabama) they have a hobby town usa (open sundays) awsome!!

the other "blue" exp showed up today

want to say I have one more blue exp (sealed) on its way

another pontiac fiero (red kit) and another sealed foxbody mpc "snakebite"

I get my bonus this friday so I decided to buy myself a new airbrush. I also bought the fan cap for it.

You will not regret that purchase. If your needle is a little tight like mine was when new try polishing the needle. The big cup is really nice.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...