Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbuilt big sleeper

This started life as a snap kit, scratch built sleeper, extended frame. Colors are PPG Ford arizona biege & Lamborgini violet pearl left over from my body shop days. Hub caps are nickel plated furniture nails from Lowe's. Add air & elect. lines on back of sleeper and call it finished! Back to work on something else.

post-9814-0-70016600-1340114925_thumb.jp

post-9814-0-87924800-1340114959_thumb.jp

post-9814-0-22180000-1340114993_thumb.jp

post-9814-0-83409500-1340115021_thumb.jp

post-9814-0-25766600-1340115050_thumb.jp

Thanks guys, by the way Tim, I stole the pavement idea from you. I'm sorry! Jim, if you need ideas for the base, go to Tim's old site on his web page. I spent about 2 hrs the other nite looking at his work. As most of us already know, this guy is truly amazing!

Edited by signguy2108

Thanks for the pics. With you ground shading, you really don't notice that it's just a flat piece of posterboard. One thing though: your dashed lines should be yellow.

Good luck with the company diorama. That looks HUGE!

Hey Jim your right! State highway dash lines should be yellow. We have some county roads that are still white. And all this time I've been thinking that I know every thing! Ruined my day.LOL

Larry, To add a little more info, the dashed lines should be 15' long with a 15' space. Your large car looks great :) Thanks for sharing the pic's

• 4 weeks later...