Model Cars Magazine Forum

an older build of mine....and my 1:1

these are pictures of a truck i built when I was about 16 years old...I happened to find the pics, unfortunately I don't have the model anymore. it was pretty sweet though, it had working LED's in the scratchbuilt offroad bumper. I had scratchbuilt bullhauler style stacks( roughly scale 8" stacks ), I had it lifted a scale 12" and used the I think it was tamiya???? hilux edition trucks and used 6 of those tires and wheels( scale 39.5" Super Swamper TSL's...)

P1010004-vi.jpg

P1010005-vi.jpg

P1010003-vi.jpg

and here's a picture of my 1/1 scale f350( the one on the right )....it's lifted 10" on 37" toyo mud terrains with 24x12" xd rockstars, I put a 2008 front clip and other body accessories( mirrors, tailgate, rollpan, door handles ) from a 2008 as well, it is a complete 2008 clone. I custom painted the front and rear ford emblems to match the truck and the interior is just as done up( 20" tv in the roof, full stereo-2-12" audiobahns, 1-10" audiobahn, 2500 watt audiobahn amp, 7" dvd player in the dash, xbox hookups )....it's not a ton of performance but it's enough to run roughly 450 hp to the wheels....5" exhaust, intake, stage 1 injectors, custom tunes, and propane injection....

Im getting ready to actually custom build an older style f150 bed( 92-96 stepside ) for this truck with dual tanks ( one for a Waste Veggie Oil system )....oh and it's got train horns :lol:

44828_464363685438_507655438_6459272_7475226_n.jpg

here's what it used to look like....

7CC7.jpg

and here's what it looked like before that...( about a week after I bought it )

newtome2.jpg

hope you all like them...

ps, I've got a thing for lifted trucks LOL

Chad

LOL especially when you have 10" of lift. My stock horn isn't even hooked up anymore it goes right to my valve for the train horns.

Chad

Yep, I don't have any lift on mine, but it doesn't need it! I have a Super Duty suspension (from when Super Duty really meant something :P ) under mine since it used to be a wrecker. It's clawed it's way through over a foot of snow with no problems and plowing with the front axle!

• 2 weeks later...

There's just something about a clean lifted truck. I'm going to be building my dream truck in scale soon ( OBS f350 CC with a stepside bed on 44's ). It will have a solid axle swap, I really want some 44" tires on like a 20" rim ( anyone know who makes some? ) with a single 8" stack, and the new CTD that someone here is casting.

As for my 1/1 I'll be putting down some HP and TQ numbers here next week :)

Well, I for one, Can't say anything against lifted truck.

I love'em High.

That's a good looking truck ya got there Chad.

Gotta love a good Train Horn over the Factory Wimpy horn :lol:

I think you should contact Ma's Resins and get some nice soft 44"inch or bigger tires.

Because Bigger is Better. :D

irok1-vi.jpg

irok2-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/cnaind/truck-tires--wheels/off-road--pickup-tires/