Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone have any good snow pictures today?

rmvw guy

Okay, I'm jealous. It's 26 degrees here at 11:00 am.

LOL, I would trade a couple days of our weather for a couple days of snow like that! As long as I didn't have to work in it! I was born in Michigan and lived there till 76. I miss the snow. We have only had it here in San Antonio two or three times since I moved here. The deepest was in 87 and that was only about two feet. Since then we have just had a very light ground covering snow once or twice.

• 2 weeks later...

We got 14 inchs of fresh, wet-heavy snow last night on the west side of Michigan

011_zpsd2636f0c.jpg

Nice picture, I know you guys love that white stuff up there in snowmobile country. It's about gone here with 50 degree temperatures yesterday and a little rain. 38 degrees today here. Thanks for sharing your photo.

Can't show pictures(no hosting site and I'am not smart enough to do it other ways) we have over 36"in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. Heard they are expecting about three feet in the Toronto area today. Going to be a huge storm...

It was about 1 foot, on the east side of Toronto, talking to my buddies on the West side about the same, give or take a few inches.

Criminy, that thing is ancient! What year is it?

Almost every Japanese car that vintage around here would've turn to a pile of rusty dust years ago, I'm surprised that didn't happen in Finland of all places.

Charlie Larkin

Year is 1975.

These KE 20 Corollas were very popular cars back in 70's in here Finland so we have these still left but not very much. All of these 70's Japanese cars rusted very easy also here in Finland and lots of these went in the scrap yard.There is some rust on my car but not too much to save it. Engine is another story... When my grandpa owned this Corolla he pulled small caravan with it and that small 1,2 liter engine didn't like that idea at all. :lol:

Edited by ChevyCoupe41

I love the old Corolla. In 1978 I was given a brand new Corolla wagon as a company car. I put 100,000 miles on it in two years without a peep! It was still there when I left the company. Always loved that car.

We also had a 1994 that my father in law bought new. He gave it to my daughter to use for college when he stopped driving. It had 45,000 miles on it. My daughter smacked it up, and the photo below is it after I repaired it. I used it a bit for work and then gave it to my brother in law because he needed a car and we had too many. He still uses it daily and it has about 60,000 on it.MVC009F-vi.jpg

I would be hard pressed to find any snow here today although, did see some along the river bank this morning. We are now getting some lite rain so, got the Jeep out to work on it a little preparing for some more bad weather, just in case. This is where the first photo on this thread was taken. Snow ain't all that bad! :lol:DSC04326_zps69cb7c26.jpgDSC04217.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

It's not as bad as it looks, and with the 40s and rain most of the week, it won't be a problem too long.

These is my personal favorites of the whole roll.

48070007_zps992f2e7b.jpg

The Wayside Inn Village Grist Mill on the Marlborough/Sudbury line (other side of town from me), built in 1929 to replicate an 18th-Century grist mill one might have seen in New England.

48070006_zps1355424d.jpg

The Martha-Mary Chapel, also at Wayside Inn Village. Built in 1940, this is a non-denominational chapel used mostly for weddings, and is meant to emulate an 18th-Century New England church (not like we don't have enough of them, but most are still owned by their distinct congregations).

Henry Ford, you might find it interesting, helped to underwrite the building and rebuilding of Wayside Inn Village and the restoration of The Wayside Inn. Yes, that Wayside Inn of Longfellow fame. I didn't go that far down the road, though, but you can see a little bit of it peeking out in this picture.

48070005_zpsd45b0e17.jpg

I wish the sun hadn't gone down as quick, the picture of City Hall looked really nice in the viewfinder!

Charlie Larkin