Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Challenger R/T

Bruno

Here's my latest build, it's a replica of a '70 Challenger R/T I saw on a calendar, a 1 of 1 car, DY3 cream color with white vinyl roof, red bumblebbe stripe and red interior, shaker hood, 440 4bbl and automatic transmission.

I used the yankee challenge AMT kit, added evergreen strips on the chassis to detail the floor pans, corrected the roof and used many parts from other kits, added fuel and brake lines, handbrake cables, and some other details here and there... Decals are from Keith Marks.

566720creamchallenger051.jpg

570526creamchallenger053.jpg

637289creamchallenger054.jpg

385609creamchallenger055.jpg

720095creamchallenger056.jpg

658412creamchallenger059.jpg

316730creamchallenger060.jpg

473895creamchallenger038.jpg

:)

Beautiful work as usual Bruno!

Looks great! What a bizarre set of options on that thing though, Cream with a white top, shaker hood, and red interior? That had to be an order, there can't be two of those out there!

Kyle, I had a 1:1 '72 Charger, same color body, white vinyl top, and a dark green interior, completely original from the factory. Ma Mopar could pump out some strange color combinations for sure!

Thanks everyone :)

Exceptionaly nice work on a so so kit

I think I remember reading about this car, as the color combo is not very common ( obviously ) . I want to say the car is in the north western part of the country maybe

Vancouver, from what I heard...

Now that's the nicest build I have ever seen of that kit.....I have one I've been working on ...Mine will have the flat hood and a smallblock in mine...I was looking at the same color combination on mine.....Now I really want to build it in this color combo.....Great Build.