Model Cars Magazine Forum

1982 Malibu Wagon

rollinoldskoo

here's what u get when u buy... body, interior tub, bench seat :unsure: front and rear bumpers, and grill...

IMG_1099.jpg

this would be the easiest kit to find to use for the chassis, radiator parts, motor, etc....

IMG_1100.jpg

but any 1/25 scale AMT/ERTL or MPC elcamino kits would work.... REVELL or MONOGRAM WON'T

this is the IDEAL kit to use as a donor (if u get lucky and find one). there is also a monster truck version out here also...

IMG_1101.jpg

after looking over it for a while i got a plan of attack for shortening it...

my first thought was to just take a 1/4" out of the middle behind the transmission crossmember but then i saw that the floorpans and interior tub kinda interlock and if i cut it there it wouldn't line up and sit right...

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

I like it! cool to see one of these built. Are you going to put the cool air dam off of the red light bandit on this one?(i've got that kit, bought it because of the air dam)

keep us updated, I'll be watching this one for sure!

Gray

message sent ;)

Nice and great ideas I have mine coming in the mail soon. could you take a side view it seams the doors are not

the right size. It could just be my eyes :blink:

here you go buddy ;) see how the front grill and bumper fit perfect :P

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

That looks just like the Perrys Resin Malibu wagon..is it a clone?

The wheelsbases on the 1:1 Malibu wagon and the El Camino are not the same...I believe there is a 4 inch difference.

clone.... somewhat.... they changed the front clip to represent the 82+ models ;)

• 3 weeks later...