Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dr.Cranky's 3 day weekend build #2 .Feb 18,19 & 20 th

ranma

Wow, just had a look at the progess you guys are all making.

Sorry to hear you have to drop out Luke. I have been there trying to paint in snow storms, high wind, etc. It make it next to impossible to get things done.

Paul, your S&M car just pops of the page. Beautiful!

Doc, love the color you chose for the Cobra.

Shane, is that a decal on the hood or dis you airbrush that. Looks great man!

Wow, just had a look at the progess you guys are all making.

Sorry to hear you have to drop out Luke. I have been there trying to paint in snow storms, high wind, etc. It make it next to impossible to get things done.

Paul, your S&M car just pops of the page. Beautiful!

Doc, love the color you chose for the Cobra.

Shane, is that a decal on the hood or dis you airbrush that. Looks great man!

it was a I phone skin. I wish I could spay that good ,I still have a hard time shooting colors let alone a mural. That ferrari is sweet man. It my second favorite in ther line up ,first being a f40.

here are the first pics of what i am working on for the 3 day build I still have to do the interior but i have been working on the paint for the last 2 days. The frame and suspension are from a soreal concepts blazer and the body is a Jimmy Flintstones resin. This is also my first attempt at 2 tone.

2421398650103355180S425x425Q85.jpg

2160379820103355180S425x425Q85.jpg

Edited by 01blueedge

I had a minor set back today.

While painting the black around the door and window scheme I had so leakage under the masking tape. :wacko:

After an executive meeting with myself, I dicided to give the car a quick sand with 1200 grit and re-spray it. After 2 additional coats of color and 2 more coats of clear it is shiney once again. :D

I went and got myself a sharpie paint pen for the trim so keeping my fingers crossed I should be OK. I'll let the body dry overnight and slap everything together in the morning.

I must say this is a very nicely engineered kit. Everything fits together very well and the detail isn't bad. I will have to try another Revell Ferrari one of these days.

I may post some pictures a little later tonight, if not in the morning I'll get some up.

Some great work going on here while I've been at work, plus some mishaps too (sorry about those Jim & Rob) - ain't modelling wonderful? :unsure:

Rob, your Ferrari pops way more than my 'Cuda, hope it's still looking as good.

Hey Paul what did you use on your headlights?

Shane, I just used Tamiya Blue Clear enamel out of the bottle, which not only replicates the real car, but solves the thorny problem of what to do with those pesky chrome plated lights.

That stinks Rob . Hope alI hope all goes well. Can't wait to see your progress Dr.

Well life can be full of surprises. Actually, in a strange way this has worked out for the better. The paint has come out much better the second time around. It is deeper red now which I really like.

Still just trying to clean up the details on the engine and interior before the body is mounted. Believe it or not, there are a ton of detail decals, small little decals for the interior, engine, and body.

That will take some time. All in all this is a fun build of a great car.

Doc, the shelby looks awesome!

Thanks Paul,

But I think your S&M car pops right of the page as well. As usual it is super shiney and a really clean build. I gotta get better at the BMF trim. I am going to pull out the 69 Charger I started last summer and BMF the window trim. I'd like to get that one wrapped up soon.

All right, folks, I beat the clock by a whole bunch of hours . . . what a great, easy kit to put together. It's got a few ticks, but nothing major! I'm building another couple here in the next few weeks. Yes, I love it that much . . .

It all comes together beautifully, although I didn't want to use the decals that came with the kit, they would have covered too much of the pretty paint . . . (I want to thank Donn Yost for the advice, inspiration, and because he's cuckoo for great colors and Pearl Ex powders!)

001-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

006-vi.jpg