Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Tamiya Porsche 934 rsr

Hello!

So i don't post much of my work on here. That doesn't mean i don't come here looking for tips, checking out everyone's work, and seeking inspiration.

I started this kit early this year, and I have been having a blast with it. It is such a fun kit. Here are some pictures of where i am with some of it. Thanks for checking it out.

cceb79d2-4a3e-49fe-88ef-768e21497719.jpg

6c52746c-bc74-4cb1-a42e-c71c8a914b27.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Edited by SpitShineTommy

Hey, thanks for the positive feed back. I'll post some more progress pics soon. I have done some more weathering on the engine, and I also got the fuel distributor wired and installed. I'm waiting for some stuff in the mail to finish up the seats and get the rest of the interior completed. I'm also tossing around some ideas on how to display it. Any suggestions?

I got a lot of work done on this over the weekend. I used the scale motorsport harness kit, which I'm not crazy about. I'm gonna have to tweek it alittle. I'm just about finished with the engine, still have some plumbing to do. Wheels are ready. And the front end is just about there. Gotta few small things to add. Thanks for looking and please give some feed back.

D6322EFC-526F-428D-B318-8EDA1F104694.jpg

Thanks, yeah that really sticks out after i washed it... I almost always go over the flash and mold lines. I also see a big ol' drop of glue there lol. Its easier to see this stuff blown up in HD than looking at it in my basement.

Glad you took i constructively as it was meant. I'm always amazed how my camera loves to point out every little mistake or missed whatever! :)

I'm enjoying watching your build..

Wow that engine is monstrous! Great job!

Thanks! As Foxer pointed out, i need to go back and tighten some of those mold lines up a bit. I flocked that seat 3 times, and then did 2 coats of flat black on it. This was my first attempt at flocking, i am happy with the results. This kit has a fair amount of parts, so it takes a fair amount of patience. I'm also not going for "perfection" with the engine and such because i want it to look like it has ran some laps. This really is my first time trying to approach it this way, so i think i may need to slow down a bit, and take a second look at some of the parts. I am fairly happy with the front end, all thou with these blown up pictures, i am finding some small things i want to change. I will try and get some more pictures up soon. :D

I

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2F6A7E6B-6BD7-49D5-B90B-4A099015717F.jpg

Here is where I am with the engine now. I cleaned up as much of the mold lines as possible. I've added a few other minor details. I think I am pretty content with where it is now. I am not a master builder my any means, and I feel happy with this outcome. I don't want to over do it. My main hurdle will be prepping, painting, and the decals on the body.

Also, i am in need of a pair of sabelt decals for the harness if some one has some to trade. PM me.

Thanks for looking and please comment and give advise!

I built this kit a while ago, liked it very much ! Your engine looks very good with the weathering ! The removed mold lines makes it look far more realistic, good job !!

The rest of your work is nice too :)

Thomas

Yes you did sir! And that is an awesome build. I have used many of those pictures of your build as reference, I am using the brumos livery as well. You added great details to the brakes, and engine, and the cockpit. I will be doing that on my next build ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...