Model Cars Magazine Forum

'41 Willys Completed!

cruz

VERY nice build,Marcos(as usual) Did you open the trunl on it? it has nice deep looling lines aroumd the edges of it, so it LOOKS like it's openable. VERY nice job Bro, I'd wanna keep it too!!!biggrin.gifwink.gif

Thanks George! Negative, the trunk does not open but I am glad that my panel scribing system is working, that's the idea, to make it look like it will open!! :P

Thanks George! Negative, the trunk does not open but I am glad that my panel scribing system is working, that's the idea, to make it look like it will open!! :blink:

Very well done...the last one I built I opened the trunk...and yours still looks better!!!B):o

Nicely done Cruz, chassis looks great, the only thing I don't like about this kit is that the rims protrude too much from within the rims, how did you fix this, yours looks just right.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas, very much appreciated as always!! Jay, what I do when the rims protrude in this manner is simply sand away from the inside part of the rim and inside wheel, you know, where they sandwich together? This way, the rim accomodates better into the tire and gives it that "bubbly" and correct look. This happens to a lot of kits, not only these willys'.

By the way, be careful when you do this on these rims, there is a chance that you may thin the actual rim to the point where it can break on you, it happend to me but I was able to fix it since I caught it on time!! :o:blink:

Thanks again everyone for your kind words!!!!

Beautiful work Marcos wink.gif

I used to do consignment work or sell finished work to collectors, who offered me too much $$$$ to resist.

Over the years I've been replicating some of those I hated to let go of.

Nice that one-of-a-kinds can be duplicated with a few new twists, that keep them still unique, and WE GET TO HAVE THEM BACK - SOMETIMES BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL cool.gif .

Beautiful work Marcos wink.gif

I used to do consignment work or sell finished work to collectors, who offered me too much $$$$ to resist.

Over the years I've been replicating some of those I hated to let go of.

Nice that one-of-a-kinds can be duplicated with a few new twists, that keep them still unique, and WE GET TO HAVE THEM BACK - SOMETIMES BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL cool.gif .

I have always said the same thing Dave, only I never get to do another one, just never feel like doing it. :D One thing I will guarantee you though, the one for keeps will definitely look better, but then again, for the right price, I will sell again... :blink::blink:

That wouldn't fly. Everybody knows that the model is bigger than Cruz's dog!

Hey Lyle!!!! What the heck are you babbling about, this is the most feared dog in the State of Maryland, even Vick was able to use him to make some of the money that got him out of jail!!!!

71ChevyVega6012-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki