Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does Anyone Make a 2005 F500 Supercab?

I was on a road trip on the week end and when my wife and I stopped for lunch, there was a pretty sharp looking forest fire fighting truck on the parking lot. It was a 2005 F500 4x4 with the fire fighting box and equipment.. Our son fights forest fire here in B.C. during the summer months so the truck is of interest to me.. The owner was kind enough to let me photograph his truck in detail and I would like to test my scratch building by attempting to build a replica of that truck. But I need a new style F350/F500 extended cab and a four wheel drive chassis for a newer heavy duty "small" truck.. Does anyone resin cast a cab and interior for such a truck or is there a kit on the market? I can post a photo or two of the unit if that would help..

I don't know of a 2005, but there are several options for the earlier version (1999-2004?). The resin LA County squad from SSB linked above is very nice, $99 might seem a bit steep but it includes a lot of stuff, light bar, LA county decals, wheels etc. You might try emailing him if you don't want the whole kit, I understand he will negotiate with people to provide just what they need.

The quality of the castings is very good.