Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Positive Topic

If there was a Buddah quote posted, it was probably deleted due to the "no religion" rule. That's my guess.

That was mine and it was the Dali Lama by the way; I found it during my philosophy class. I didn't post it from a religious point of view, i just thought it made sense. As I stated, it wasn't that positive so I changed my post with the original as a basis for my new post.

That was mine and it was the Dali Lama by the way; I found it during my philosophy class. I didn't post it from a religious point of view, i just thought it made sense. As I stated, it wasn't that positive so I changed my post with the original as a basis for my new post.

But on the plus side it is so true

Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way.

Eileen Caddy

When you fail you learn from the mistakes you made and it motivates you to work even harder.

Natalie Gulbis

Thomas Edison, besides being a genius, was also a pretty wise guy (literally).

On trying over and over again, without success, to find the right material to use as the filament in his light bulb: "I haven't failed. I've just discovered 10,000 ways that won't work!"

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."

"Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

“The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.“

Thomas Tommy Lasorda (born 1927);

“Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.“

Golda Meir (1898-1978);

“Open the doors of opportunity to talent and virtue and they will do themselves justice.“

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882);

• 2 weeks later...

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

George Bernard Shaw

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_life.html#ZcfYVEjz7YQWyRV5.99

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...