Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 Willys pickup

brett

Brett.... Looking good buddy. I know its nice to take a break from some builds from time to time. I am at that point with my funny car build where I would like to start a curbside build just to finish something but can't quite get myself to break away from the funny car... :lol: I look forward to see this come together, its going to be nice.

Brett- didn't know you could build out of box! :lol:

I'll be looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Thanks guys, Funny Chuck :), just for that I'll admit it is a bit of a struggle most of the time :). Anyways almost everything is painted (man I LOVE lacquer), pics later if ya'll can behave that long

well well well, looks like ya can behave, or is that because ya'll are in bed over there/ hmmm?????

Anyways ,House of colour Candy blue over coarse aluminum DuPont, like this

sept011053.jpg

got a couple of touch ups to do, shoulda just used the old wide angle single action :roll:

sept011054.jpg

did a bit of suspension work today too

sept011051.jpg

sept011052.jpg

interior in these shades, gonna try and do the seat piping in a dark blue tomorrow

sept011056.jpg

lots of little touch up spots nothing major sand the slicks yadda yadda yadda metal axle seems half inch to short so will have to look into that as well

That's a sweet looking little monster ya' got goin' there. And just so you know, there's no shame in totally abandoning one model in favor of another, regardless of how the other model may feel about it. You're the Boss, you decide the fate of every single kit in your collection. And please don't take our feelings into consideration either. Especially those of us who have been faithfully following the other build. As a matter of fact, I can't even remember what it was now. A Pro Mod Funny Car Dragster Motorcycle or something like that?

Okay, I'm done pokin' fun at ya. Have fun whatever you do. That's all we can really ask.

Edited by Batzilla

Brent, nice little job you got going on here. Your truck reminds me of my 1/64 Willys pickup Tow Car I built for my 40 willys 2door sedan pro street I was working on. Got tired of working on such small stuff, I stopped working on the 2 car set. Opening up the doors and hinging is hard on the fingers on that small stuff.

That is why I started working on larger scale stuff again after an 8 yr hiatus.

Thanks guys, Almost done, decided to use some leftover decals I had, rather appropriately from a blue 41 willys. Minor touch ups to do and I decided to attach an as yet unattached (confused yet) parachute

sept011057.jpg

sept011060.jpg

sept011062.jpg

Edited by brett

sept011064.jpg

sept011065.jpg

sept011066.jpg

sept011063.jpg

Joe, I gotta get to the hobby shop to get some more sheet brass before I can get back to the horseman build, though it seems to be a bit pointless updating threads (seemingly) for my own amusement . I got a secretish project going on that I only have 2 weeks to build from a rough mockup so once thats out of the way I'll get back into it then. Call it modellers ADD if you want :) but it will be done by the end of October.

Brett, Dude, that's killer !! BTW, Modeler's ADD, is actually Modeler's Attention Deficit Disorder Osmosis Genroticulitus, or MADDOG. It is a very real mental disorder affecting millions across the globe. You're in good.........Oh, cool, check that out !! It's a ...........Where was I ? Right !! Dude, that's killer !!

As for updates on the Horsemen Project, like so many others, we peek in, check progress and then may not comment saving our rapier wit for a more appropriate time. There's also the .............Did I tell you about the time I ...........No, that was the other time........At least I think........Aww, nuts. Anyway, you keep posting and ride the "I'm outa brass" train as long as you like.

• 2 weeks later...