Model Cars Magazine Forum

Abandoned REO Deuce and a Half

These were pretty rare birds- they used the flathead six from the Flying Cloud sedans, and the engine was a bit underpowered for this application. They tried to compensate with tall gear ratios, which made them slow. Long story short- the military didn't buy too many of them. I don't know if there's a kit of a '40's Reo available (the HUGs used the same cab and front end as civilian Reos), but just about any old truck could be weathered like this. I especially like the multilayered door lettering!

IMG_65071-vi.jpg

IMG_65081-vi.jpg

IMG_65091-vi.jpg

IMG_65101-vi.jpg

IMG_65111-vi.jpg

IMG_65121-vi.jpg

IMG_63081-vi.jpg

IMG_63091-vi.jpg

Why not fix her up? All you need is some Duct Tape, a hammer and a fresh coat of paint! :P

Hmph - Just roll that baby into the shop, hit her withthe buffer and we'll be takin' 'er to town for coffee tonight. :D:D Seriously, she looks pretty forlorn and sad sitting there like that. Old vehicles always tug at my heart strings - make me feel sort of sad - almost like a death when they are that far gone. But she could be revived - of that I have no doubt. Nice pictures.. :rolleyes::):)