Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Is Your Top 10 List of Ugliest Cars Ever?

I don't see any way to stick a 3rd person in the back seat.

Maybe throw one in the way back.. :D

1997 4dr SideKick.

308842_2289476847992_1931076231_n.jpg

16236679_large.jpg

Yaaa, I Iike Zuks. :D

Nuthin wrong with Zuks... Here's mine.

DSC00033-vi.jpg

DSC00035-vi.jpg

Here it is sitting in front of my old house in NJ. I bought it new in 1991, hasn't failed me yet. It now has a PA plate on it!

Every last one. Erase any evidence they ever existed. Send the scrap to mars. Get it off my planet... Throw in the vast majority of the offerings from ford.

So that leaves what, GM and foreign cars? Or should those be sent to Venus?

Indeed! From the beautiful sleek lines of the C6 to a thing that was obviously designed by committee with each member of said committee adding a line or scoop or what have you to the poor thing.

and a number 11 to my list: Every Cadillac in the past 10 years or so. As ugly as the box they came in.

I like the 2014 Corvette,really agressive looking. Actually best looking Corvette since the 68-72 look. But,taste is very subjective.

I've never liked Corvettes. I never saw a purpose for them. Manhood extensions for the younger guys, the last hurrah for old guys. I've had friends into them and have access to enough of them over the years. Just not my cup o' tea.

But I saw pictures of the '14 in a magazine the other day and thought it was the best looking Corvette in years.

i do'nt know about USA material ,cause we never had much of that overhere

but UK BLMC from the seventies really caused nightmares over here

1 Austin Allegro

2 Vauxhall Cavalier

3 Vauxhall Chevette

4 all Sunbeams

5 Hillman Imp

6 Reliant Robin ,,ok for laughs

to little i can remember from back then ...and off course some really migraine inducing stuff from France and Italy

1`Fiat 127/124

2 Fiat Uno

3 Fiat Ritmo

4 Alfa Romeo 33 ,155,147 etc etc(about all of em)

5 All Simca's

6 almost all 70's Renaults..(Feugo's.R4's and such)and some of the '80's

7 most 70-80's BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH from Peugeot

8 and last but not least everything ever made by Citroen (yes EVER!)topping it all with my all time Favourite the ONE and ONLY Citroen BX!....

nothing else comes or will ever come close..

(for those who have never seen one...just Google for it)

My ten ugliest, and please note that I actually like a couple of these in spite of (or perhaps because of) their aesthetically-challenged nature.

1. 1961 Fullsize Plymouths- I'm not sure if it was meant to look like the '60 model after it had hit a pole dead-center, or some kind of mutant space bug, but that front end is unlike anything else ever designed. Probably a good thing. Still love the car, though.

2. Buick Rendezvous. This is the sister of the much maligned Pontiac Aztek, but for me the Buick is uglier. Especially from the back- it kind of looks like a LeSabre in poorly-fitting booty shorts from that side.

3. '68 Fullsize Fords- these actually looked good, except for the front end. Why Ford went with such a frumpy looking grille design after the swoopy '67's is a mystery to me.

4. At the risk of being overly general, every Cadillac except for the first-generation El Dorados. Older models were overwrought and garish, and the new ones are trying way to hard to look like M-Bs.

5. '73-77 Chevy Chevelle/Malibu/El Camino- particularly the later 'four eye' models. I don't think I need to elaborate. The Oldsmobiles of this era are way easier to stomach.

6. '99-'05 Pontiac Grand Am- These always remind me of a cross between a Barbie toy and a Tim Burton-era Batmobile.

7. '56-57 Hudson (aka "Hash"). Just do a Google image search and you'll see what I mean. Take the Step Down, and then take about ten steps back.

8. '50-51 Studebaker Bullet Nose. Yeah, it's ugly, but I still want one.

9. '91-'94 Chevy Caprice. Man the harpoons! The Impala SS, on the other hand, looked way better, but even when the Caprice adopted the taller rear wheel openings from the Imp it seemed to do little to improve the looks.

10. Olds Toronado, post-1967. The '66 and '67 Toros were beautiful cars- why did Oldsmobile decide to beat the car with a progressively larger ugly stick with each passing model year?

I've never liked Corvettes. I never saw a purpose for them. Manhood extensions for the younger guys, the last hurrah for old guys. I've had friends into them and have access to enough of them over the years. Just not my cup o' tea.

But I saw pictures of the '14 in a magazine the other day and thought it was the best looking Corvette in years.

Not a huge fan myself but i do enjoy the styling of the cars from 63 -72 era. I think if you buy a car because of it`s brand or said reputation you can call any car a manhood extension. I buy cars (if i can afford it) i really love or have been wanting to own,not because some fancy commercial or hip celeb own one,or lots of people think it`s awsome.

I think it got a lot to do with color and wheels as well if a car look good or not.

American motors.

Chrysler.

Yes. All of them. Every single car, made by every single manufacturer either one of those corporations ever had even remotely anything to do with.

I hate them, and would like to crush every one of them.

Mark, the last time something cool wore a bow tie his name was Abraham Lincoln.