Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Do You Want To See Next?

I see Harry locked out "Another Wish List." It's too bad. Yes it's been done many times before. Boring to some I'm sure. But a lot of fun to others. And were is the harm? If you don't like it, don't read it. If enough people don't like it, it will slowly disappear from page 1 and be forgotten. There must be some interest in it. One is blocked, so someone digs up an older open one from the past.

Scott

I see Harry locked out "Another Wish List." It's too bad. Yes it's been done many times before. Boring to some I'm sure. But a lot of fun to others.

Scott

Point 1: Why do we need two different threads going that are the same exact topic?

Point 2: We don't. That's why I locked it.

Point 3: If you find these wish list threads so entertaining, fine. You have this one to post in, and the locked one to read. I locked it, I didn't delete it. You can keep on reading it as often as you like, if that's what you want. You can even save it to your computer and keep it forever.

I see Harry locked out "Another Wish List." It's too bad. Yes it's been done many times before. Boring to some I'm sure. But a lot of fun to others. And were is the harm? If you don't like it, don't read it. If enough people don't like it, it will slowly disappear from page 1 and be forgotten. There must be some interest in it. One is blocked, so someone digs up an older open one from the past.

Scott

Very true. Sometimes I think there is a bit too much meddling here, along with a lack of common sense.

"It's getting quite boring", you got an OFF button on that thing ? Change the channel. :lol:

How about a sticky at top.

Because pinned topics don't work. People don't pay attention. We have a lot of pinned topics in many areas of the forum, yet people keep on asking the same thing, or posting the same thing, over and over again... because they don't pay any attention to pinned topics. I can pin topics, but I can't make you guys pay attention.

If I pinned this, I guarantee you someone will start yet another "I wish they make a kit of..." topic. Guaranteed.

Because pinned topics don't work. People don't pay attention. We have a lot of pinned topics in many areas of the forum, yet people keep on asking the same thing, or posting the same thing, over and over again... because they don't pay any attention to pinned topics. I can pin topics, but I can't make you guys pay attention.

If I pinned this, I guarantee you someone will start yet another "I wish they make a kit of..." topic. Guaranteed.

I know that.

Bold print, instant deletion and reference to sticky.

I love the requests for cars that were s-boxes new, never see because nobody bought them, or they died an early deserved death. Still, if they get made I won't complain, won't buy one, and can skip noticing issues and ensuing affrontery.

People are lazy. Won't take the effort to find an existing thread.

Either that, or completely unaware that this site has a search function.

Speaking of unaware... I've had people PM me in amazement that we have a "Big Boyz" section... they had never scrolled down the page far enough!

Sort of like a person who opens a newspaper and is amazed that there's more to it than just the front page! :lol:

Instead of arguing about whether this thread is stupid, maybe for some REAL fun we could mention the ONE car we NEVER want to see a kit of.

I'll start...

Pontiac Aztek, in any scale, never, ever.

I can second that.

In fact, if the people responsible for the design of that monstrosity didn't immediately lose their jobs, then GM needs to rethink the operation of their styling studio... :lol:

Several of the last few posts above make me feel like an idiot (I'd use a harsher word if I could) for participating and enjoying blogs like the other "wish list" postings. I've assumed in the past that these blogs were set up to share opinions, share kit reviews and other modeling tips, and have fun. I did not start that wish list, but I was having a lot of fun with it. And I did not see any harm in it.

You know, there are several posting I could care less about on this site. But, rather than put others down for going on and reading and sharing on those other subjects, I choose to ignore the subject, and read something else here I do enjoy. Now, maybe you can accuse me of be overly sensitive. And maybe I am. Than again, I really dislike be talked about as some "blankety blank" (lazy for example) for having fun on a model car web site designed for sharing opinions.

I'm more than a little ticked off. But, I will get over it.

Scott

I think a thread like this may be beneficial. You would have to hope that the powers to be in charge of new kits may be reading these threads.

Reading through from page one that was started in February of 2013, I spotted several requests that are on the shelves now or are being tooled.

There were a few requests for a 67 or 68 Camaro from Revell 67 Camaro Out now

There were a few requests for a 76 Torino/S&H 4th Quarter Revell

There were a few requests for a 65 Belvedere Mobeuis is doing a 65 Satellite

There was one for a 65 Comet Mobeuis is doing a 65 Comet Cyclone

There was also a request for a stock height 48 Ford sedan with period correct speed parts. I had a discussion with Revell last week about that and doing a stock height coupe also. If others feel the same way, we may see it one day.

There were several other great requests, who knows what we might see in the future because of this type of thread.

You have to wonder how many older threads about what you want to see made were read by the manufacturers.

Edited by VW93

Okay, I'm over it. And here is the one car more any other I'd like to see done as a 1/25th scale model kit.

post-10661-0-07846000-1409189945_thumb.j

post-10661-0-06291800-1409189957_thumb.j

post-10661-0-04784600-1409189971_thumb.j

post-10661-0-75744400-1409189988_thumb.j

post-10661-0-69511500-1409190003_thumb.j

post-10661-0-07534900-1409190015_thumb.j

post-10661-0-44563300-1409190026_thumb.j

1960 Chrysler 300F convertible. Still one of the most beautiful cars in world. Yat Ming offers a prebuilt die cast in 1/18 scale. Which is very nice, and I do own one. But, I'd still love to this as 1/25 scale kit.

Scott

Scott, I love the 300F. I've got an AAM from jillions of years ago, and Don did a 61 with canted quads I missed and is now OOP. Kicking myself for missing that bit of Exner-excess.

I don't mind these lists/threads, they are popular, not going away, and if left scattered about are clutter. They have their place, and I've no issue with one as sticky, and merging posts into it and dumping threads.

I like Don's idea about ugly cars that shouldn't be kitted, probably should add no re-issues on some that were.

Here's a gif I've used, feel free to use prn, credit as marked.

Post and lock, or PM and dump/merge. :D

797.gif

Reading through from page one that was started in February of 2013, I spotted several requests that are on the shelves now or are being tooled.

Go back and read the old Scale Auto annual polls in the 1980s-1990s. We have kits of most of those top requests! The manufacturers do listen.

And as far as threads like this one... I have no problem with anything anyone posts. As said, there are threads I bypass, but I'm fine with posting a picture of my dog or whatever. It's cheap entertainment for when I'm too tired to build, when my wife is watching The Bachelor / Dancing With The Stars kinda stuff.

This is just another wish list. Perhaps the manufacturers should set up their own threads for this purpose, no? I am aware that some of them do read the forum, but they shouldn't have to weed through stuff when, at times, all they want is data.

If they set up their own threads, they'd still have to weed through it all.

I've suggested that the manufacturers put up a poll on their sites, allowing people to choose the kit they would most like to see from a list of that manufacturer's own list of possibilities, based on their own marketing research. That would be a far more useful "wish list" than a completely random list of anything and everything, including kits that would have zero chance of success.

But when I suggested something like that, people were quick to shoot the idea down. Not sure why, as it makes perfect sense to me.