Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2013 Car Kit Releases

fastram

It looks like stock and highway patrol are the two options, but they are not very different from one another. I see a separate sprue which might contain some small police-specific bits, but other than the light bar for the roof, there are not many "extra" parts for the HP version.

Nor the two additional Foose branded kits. :lol: :lol: I'm happy about that. :lol:

I'm also interested in the Jeep Rubicon and '77 Trans Am Smokey and the Bandit...didn't see anything on the flyer, but am wondering if they are styrenified diecast like the '68 Mustang and '70 Challenger kits were..the diecast Jeep and T/A were pretty good, I've heard.

Looking forward to the '57 Chevy convertible also, a nice tri-5 variation, and the '69 Camaro ZL1 is a nice variation also... Looking forward most to the Mustang LX and Cuda (though I have 5 of the Lindberg '71s and 10 MPC '70-74s).

Edited by Rob Hall

I'm also interested in the Jeep Rubicon and '77 Trans Am Smokey and the Bandit...didn't see anything on the flyer, but am wondering if they are styrenified diecast like the '68 Mustang and '70 Challenger kits were..the diecast Jeep and T/A were pretty good, I've heard.

I think that is the case with these two. I recall Bob Downie praising the '77 T/A, and Jon Cole's(?) recent build here seemed to confirm Bob's positive comments. I think the Jeep Rubicon was the Lara Croft "Tomb Raider" die-cast body kit in its last incarnation? I think it has a very nice set of off-road tires included, too.

I think that is the case with these two. I recall Bob Downie praising the '77 T/A, and Jon Cole's(?) recent build here seemed to confirm Bob's positive comments. I think the Jeep Rubicon was the Lara Croft "Tomb Raider" die-cast kit in its last incarnation? I think it has a very nice set of off-road tires included, too.

So you are saying the saying the 77 T/A is going to be a new tooling?

2) 1/25 '69 Chevy Camaro ZL-1 -- I hope we get a proper set of exhaust manifolds in the modified reissue, but I expect the headers and chambered exhaust system (probably most correct for this car, though) from the 427 Yenko kit will be included.

Stock cast iron manifolds would be a nice touch, as that's what they were delivered with. I beleive the chambered exhaust was standard on the ZL-1 and possibly the Z/28, and it was optional on others.

So you are saying the saying the 77 T/A is going to be a new tooling?

No. It appears to be based on the existing 1/25 scale die-cast '77 T/A kit, and from looking at the release flyer, I suspect both kits will still have die-cast bodies and will not be all-plastic.

'77 T/A:

revell.jpg

Billboards from Revell with the 2013 line up

139-vi.jpg

140-vi.jpg

141-vi.jpg

Next up Revell 49 Woody Wagon ......

Looks like a modified reissue of the Custom Merc ..... no stock engine or trans. The rest looks all Stock

169-vi.jpg

198-vi.jpg

197-vi.jpg

217-vi.jpg

Lets look at the 92 Mustang notchback next .......

OK so I'm a bit excited to see the '71 Ford P/U and the PT Cruiser... Also nice to see the Miss Deal on it's way back... Looks like 2013 will be a year to buy a few more for my mess... LOL

Thanks for the pics Steve...

some neat stuff there...that mercury wagon in particular. but do i read it right that everything is stock inside and out except there is NOT a stock motor included? there is some souped up OHV motor? sorry i am not familar with what is in the custom merc but i guess you mean that motor? a flathead with speed equip, i presume?

the wagon really does look kool, i am going to want one out of the chute, its just kinda strange about the motor.

that chp trim on the mustang is pretty great too.

does this mean the stacey rat roaster is put off till 2013? or was it always scheduled for 2013?

some neat stuff there...that mercury wagon in particular. but do i read it right that everything is stock inside and out except there is NOT a stock motor included? there is some souped up OHV motor? sorry i am not familar with what is in the custom merc but i guess you mean that motor? a flathead with speed equip, i presume?

the wagon really does look kool, i am going to want one out of the chute, its just kinda strange about the motor.

that chp trim on the mustang is pretty great too.

does this mean the stacey rat roaster is put off till 2013? or was it always scheduled for 2013?

The Merc Woody includes the Caddy ? motor from the Custom version. The stock engine from the everlasting AMT 49 Merc will probably drop right in. The Stacey Rat Roadster will probably be out later this year if I heard correctly. I'm posting those photos next ....