Model Cars Magazine Forum

My concept Trans Am based on the Kevin Morgan design

Trans Am Erik

That is looking really good. Nice job blending the parts together with the subtle differences.

I'm digging the engine with exception to the blower part with shaker on top, it looks kind of jimmy rigged. Just my opinion. It will probably look better once you get it in the car and more completed.

I'm working on the Jimmy Flintstone piece and probably would have thrown it away if it were mine, but it is being built for a friend who wanted one in his collection.

Look forward to the completed model.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Erik, I'm not sure if you noticed or not but those Pegasus wheels are 2-peice. You can make them deeper by sanding down the outer edge of the inserts. You could make them almost 1/8 " deeper that way.

Honestly, I'm not liking the new wheels. The centers are too small.

I'm wondering if any of the Monogram 1/20 t/As ever came with snowflakes. If they did, I'd think they'd look about perfect on there. They'd scale out to about 19" or so, just right for Pegasus Michlin Pilots or you could sleeve them for larger tires.

That is what I did, I popped the centers out of the Pegasus wheels and popped in these. I have tried and couldn't find a big inch snowflake wheel that looked right. The big Trans Am kit was a 1:12 and those were too big. I would like the snowflake pattern to be bigger but after their painted they will look good.

• 2 months later...