Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question on Revell 68 Mustang GT kit..85-4215

Hi all,

quick question on the Revell 68 Mustang GT 2n1 kit. I know it has the bits to make a Cobra Jet but does it also have the bits (i.e. wheels and grille, not sure what else..) to make the Bullitt car?

http://www.revell.com/model-kits/cars/85-4215.html#.UqbkNSee-0Y

My LHS can get me this kit (with some effort) but the Bullitt boxing seems impossible. I want to build the Bullitt car as a gift and can do up the licence plates no bother, but the wheels will be a problem.

Cheers,

Roy

Thanks, shipping is a killer though. The LHS can get the 2n1 boxing but will have to order it for me. He can't seem to get the Bullitt boxing though. I don't want him to order it if I can't make the movie car from that boxing though. Looking on ebay I might be better off with the Revell Diecast kit.

Cheers,

Roy

If I recall correctly, the kit still does include the Bullitt's Torq-Thrust wheels, in addition to the wheels shown on the box art. I don't know about the other Bullit-specific parts.

Just checked mine. The Torq-Thrust wheels are in there.

Joe.

Many thanks all. I appreciate it. Now to see if he can get it!

Cheers,

Roy

p.s. just saw freakshow12's post, what's so bad with it? As an alternative, will the hood from the Revell kit fit the AMT '67 Mustang? (I have that and quite like it as a model).

Edited by roym

Many thanks all. I appreciate it. Now to see if he can get it!

Cheers,

Roy

p.s. just saw freakshow12's post, what's so bad with it? As an alternative, will the hood from the Revell kit fit the AMT '67 Mustang? (I have that and quite like it as a model).

It was based on diecast tooling (in fact, I think it was originally a Bullitt die-cast). The body's a little slab-sided, but not nearly as bad as the diecast-based 70 Challenger that came out around the same time. It has a metal axles and screws in the chassis and rather simplified parts breakdown. There's a review here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17689

I have started to fix one of mine. I filled the hole in the gas tank, trimmed the tabs off that mount the rear end to the frame rails. I am just fixing the very obvious stuff and I should look ok. I find the bumpers toylike as well. And no the hood will not easily fit well on amt offerings