Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rumoured future Revell issues..

Here's the thing, though: The Rat Rod tires won't universally fit the wheels from other Revell kits. The only ones I've found that fit properly are the steelies from the Rat Rod wheel/tire pack and the mags in the '29 pickup and '31 sedan kits. On the other hand, wheels such as the Torque Thrusts from the '32 three-window and Speedwagon won't work because the ID of the tire is too large.

What that means is that if Revell was to use the Rat Rod tires in the upcoming Deuce sedan, the new wheels, be they K-H wires or whatever, would have to be tooled specifically to fit the Rat Rod tires ... which would be OK, I suppose, but somewhat limiting. It's just MHO, of course, but I think the Goodyear Sports Car Specials that have been included in the three-window, Speedwagon and numerous other kits are a better choice for a full-fendered rod. And, if you want wide whitewalls, it's a pretty simple matter to add them to those tires with Tamiya white primer and a circle template.

Alright Ken, i see your point every time, I'll leave this subject alone. Since I'll be buying a ton of these sedans when they come I was just hoping to stock up my stash of these tires. I have soooo many '31 sedans and '29 pickups that I had to stop buying them. Sorry for my wild optimism.

From the discussions about the '32 Tudor sedan w/Kelsey Hayes wheels, I saw this gem this past weekend at a local cruise night. If the model is anything like this car, I'm happy. I'd be inclined to do a close replica of it, the period warm gray paint w/the yellow wheels really fit this car perfectly, it was a knockout. Very subtle, full of attitude and class.

IMG_1864-vi.jpg

From the discussions about the '32 Tudor sedan w/Kelsey Hayes wheels, I saw this gem this past weekend at a local cruise night. If the model is anything like this car, I'm happy. I'd be inclined to do a close replica of it, the period warm gray paint w/the yellow wheels really fit this car perfectly, it was a knockout. Very subtle, full of attitude and class.

IMG_1864-vi.jpg

Bob,

Those EXACT wheels are available from Replicas & Miniatures. The set comes with the hubs, rims, photoetched spokes, two set of hub caps, resin tires and white wall inserts. They are a tad on the expensive side - $46.00, but they are the best in scale wheels I've ever seen.

DSCN9374-vi.jpg

• 11 years later...
On 7/8/2007 at 1:23 PM, larrygre said:

Now, I have been after Ed for several years now in regards to the metal body '68 Mustang seen as Bullitt and American Dreams versions. Nice both, but I think the sales would be one heck of a lot better, both to the chains and to the crazies like us, to convert the body to plastic and make the necessary mods to produce a proper - and NEVER kitted as of yet - '68 Mustang CJ. Throw in decals for Tasca Ford or Dyno Don Nicholson and it's a 100% no-brainer. That one covers all the bases. What do you guys think?

Great idea. Hopefully you got a little kickback from Revell, Larry. :D

Sorry guys, I’m a little lost here.  Both the 68 Charger and the 70 Mach 1 are not new... the Mach 1 is a few years older and mostly out of stock everywhere, but up until 6 months ago or so, I was still seeing a couple of them at my local hobby shop.

The 68 Charger has been out for 8 years and I still see it everywhere.. heck, there’s a whole row of them at Hobby Lobby down the street.  Both good kits, but not new in any way.  It was the 69 Charger that had the vinyl top molded in, btw... not the 68.

Pics of the kits:

7ACA08A8-F3AC-46FB-953F-67BF0268500F.jpeg.2afba83d40544bae7841bb8f7dcfcb68.jpeg

C59B050A-6FD4-4139-87A4-A3C29A3937AE.jpeg.1b7aaa27cba62b8d30d4d41879651ab3.jpeg

Anyway, nice kits... I’ve built the 68 Charger 3 times, but these aren’t big news releases or anything.