Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Face Book Contest

martinfan5

Actually, doesn't have to be just Revell. They just said your best build. I contacted them about it and they said it wasn't limited to just their kits.

Really? The letter I got was of any revell or monogram from any year. You really think they would accept a competitors ? That would be cool concidering the only revell kit I have complete is the one from the muscle car contest

For you guys who avoid Facebook...don't disparage it. Yes there is a lot of junk on FB but there is a lot of really good stuff too. It has enabled me to get back in touch and/or stay in touch with friends I fell out of touch with over the years. Een though I can't physically get to see these people, we can catch up on what's going on in each other's lives via FB. As far as the junk goes, it's like anything else...all you gotta do is bypass it.

Really? The letter I got was of any revell or monogram from any year. You really think they would accept a competitors ? That would be cool concidering the only revell kit I have complete is the one from the muscle car contest

Go through all the entries. There's a LOT of AMT kits too.

For you guys who avoid Facebook...don't disparage it. Yes there is a lot of junk on FB but there is a lot of really good stuff too. It has enabled me to get back in touch and/or stay in touch with friends I fell out of touch with over the years. Een though I can't physically get to see these people, we can catch up on what's going on in each other's lives via FB. As far as the junk goes, it's like anything else...all you gotta do is bypass it.

Terry, I agree with you, it's been a great way to find and keep in touch with model builders from all over the world. Not just car model builders.

I understand how some can use it to keep in touch, I don't under stand whey some feel the need to be in constant contact. People look at me funny when I say, " everyone on face book has an email address, can't sign up with out one" "so.... Why was it so hard to communicate before? And how close of friends are we if people can get so far apart as to have no other way of contact besides Facebook/MySpace? "

Sorry, a little rant came over me.

I hate identity crook...I mean Facebook...my wife stays there a lot too. But I can't hate on putting the information out for those who see it differently. Best of luck to those that enter. Kudos to Revell for welcoming builds of other brands as well!

Edited by Skydime

I just looked through the results and the conclusion is simple: it is nothing but 'cheating'. There is one guy with 5 builds and 5 very poor pictures, who has more than 20 votes each, while all the other builds barely come above 5 in total...

I like Revell's initiative, but they do need to think it through a bit more. There is now a winner who has a lot of FB friends and voted for him because he is a friend, not for best build.

I think it should be judged by Revell themself or completely anonymus.

I just looked through the results and the conclusion is simple: it is nothing but 'cheating'. There is one guy with 5 builds and 5 very poor pictures, who has more than 20 votes each, while all the other builds barely come above 5 in total...

I like Revell's initiative, but they do need to think it through a bit more. There is now a winner who has a lot of FB friends and voted for him because he is a friend, not for best build.

I think it should be judged by Revell themself or completely anonymus.

Yeah, I think the popular vote thing is the wrong way to go. They should have had a dead line to submit a picture to revell and then posed them for voting anonymously