Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:25 Gehl 7810 E Skid Loader

Chuck Most

Just picked this up a few days ago, it's a 1:25 promotional model by Die-Cast Promotions, which is owned by F.F. Ertl III, Inc. That's a completely different Ertl company from what many of us know, but the same family.

Even though at $32 it's about eight bucks pricier than their other 1:25 Gehl skid loader promos, this one has a few more working features like an opening hood and cab, and more comprehensive and better-printed graphics. About the only letdowns are the oh-so-obvious bare metal rivets, the lug nuts not being picked out in silver, and the molded plastic hydraulic rams for the bucket don't quite match the yellow paint on the metal parts. But for the price and how nice it is overall, those are fairly minor gripes if you ask me.

3-vi.jpg

4-vi.jpg

5-vi.jpg

6-vi.jpg

7-vi.jpg

And here she is with her little sister- another FF Ertl 1:25 promo of the Gehl 5635 model, which I took apart and weathered a little. I might do the same thing with the 7810, haven't made up my mind yet though.

8-vi.jpg

Just picked this up a few days ago, it's a 1:25 promotional model by Die-Cast Promotions, which is owned by F.F. Ertl III, Inc. That's a completely different Ertl company from what many of us know, but the same family.

Even though at $32 it's about eight bucks pricier than their other 1:25 Gehl skid loader promos, this one has a few more working features like an opening hood and cab, and more comprehensive and better-printed graphics. About the only letdowns are the oh-so-obvious bare metal rivets, the lug nuts not being picked out in silver, and the molded plastic hydraulic rams for the bucket don't quite match the yellow paint on the metal parts. But for the price and how nice it is overall, those are fairly minor gripes if you ask me.

3-vi.jpg

4-vi.jpg

5-vi.jpg

6-vi.jpg

7-vi.jpg

And here she is with her little sister- another FF Ertl 1:25 promo of the Gehl 5635 model, which I took apart and weathered a little. I might do the same thing with the 7810, haven't made up my mind yet though.

8-vi.jpg

you got ripped off at 32 dollars. my bro got his for 12 at ollies