Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fall Guy correct wheels

Hi friends.

Let me ask you something: which kit could provide a correct wheels for the "Fall Guy" pickup project?

1342718732197.jpg

The one that comes with the kit is pretty close but not 100% for my taste :)

Very nice model, btw. Unfortunately, I dont know who is the author.. congrats anyway.

fallguy-ladoalto.jpg

Thanks

Edited by Drago

It was an '82 GMC K-2500 3/4 ton 4x4, with eight lug wheels. The Bronco wheels are about right, but five lug. You would have to convert them to eight lug.

-MJS

Yeah....I noticed that too. Thanks for the tip! ;)

You will have a hard time finding a set of rims that will fit the big tires of the Fall Guy kit. The rims included in that kit are eight lugs. The rims in the Bronco kit are way too small to fit the big tires.

I have a Fall Guy truck in progress and I didn´t like how the rims sat in the tires. Looked like toy wheels. I modified the the lip on the rims to make them sit in the tire properly. That improved the whole thing a lot. Left wheel is modified, right wheel is not.

3331313466303165.jpg

6163386230663266.jpg

And a little mock up teaser...

3762363562333262.jpg

3036393339633236.jpg

I recomment to just modify the rims from the Fall Guy kit. Makes a big difference. The pics don´t really do it justice.

You will have a hard time finding a set of rims that will fit the big tires of the Fall Guy kit. The rims included in that kit are eight lugs. The rims in the Bronco kit are way too small to fit the big tires.

I have a Fall Guy truck in progress and I didn´t like how the rims sat in the tires. Looked like toy wheels. I modified the the lip on the rims to make them sit in the tire properly. That improved the whole thing a lot. Left wheel is modified, right wheel is not.

3331313466303165.jpg

6163386230663266.jpg

3762363562333262.jpg

3036393339633236.jpg

I recomment to just modify the rims from the Fall Guy kit. Makes a big difference. The pics don´t really do it justice.

NICE...! I need to get one of those long beds somewhere so I can build a replica of our truck...if anyone has an extra Id love to trade for it.

• 1 month later...

3331313466303165.jpg

6163386230663266.jpg

3762363562333262.jpg

3036393339633236.jpg

Beautiful job so far!

You should start a build thread.

Mike.