Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wisconsin builders?

hgbben

Kerry- We'll see what happens this fall/winter when the construction season slows down. Maybe I'll be back down to M-Th with 10hr days again and Friday's off. Right now we're M-F and up to a 12hr shift. Also, I did meet a guy at Model Empire some time ago that is an AMG member and he did invite me to come to the meetings. But, with my work schedule....well, you know. Other than you guys, don't know if I'd really know anyone else.

Nick- Yes, Mike is a nice guy. I've seen him a few times outside of the hobby store here and there, and we've always talked for a few minutes.

Craig and I got to stop at the Hooter's in Brookfield for some wings before going to the meeting and also at Greenfield News & Hobby as well. We wanted to stop at the "Empire" as well, but the heavy "rush hour" traffic cut our time short.

I was stuck in traffic and made a stop there. Came up empty handed bu made it to the meeting in 15 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, things are changing for me and the wife...and fast. We put a cash offer in on a house, they countered, and we accepted. Tomorrow is the home inspection and we're going to be there, also so we can snoop around a little more. :) If all goes well we should close at the end of the month. THEN, after we have some work done and settle in, for me, I'll start to construct a dedicated model building room. :D And, also a seek out a new job closer to home with better hours(1st shift this time). So then, hopefully, I should be able to get to AMG meetings as well and join in on some of the fun and meet some of you guys.

Thanks Nick. We were hoping to head out west more between western Waukesha County and Madison, but things for that plan didn't pan out. The house we're currently looking at is actually in Oak Creek. So, with that location and possibly a new job in the future, I'm really not that far from where the meetings are.

Thanks guys. Inspection went really well today. No major issues at all. The house is in very sound condition for 50 years old. Just some better insulating is recommended in the attic and around the top of the foundation perimeter where the house is built from. Heating/AC is in great condition. I even roughly measured out for the model room which will end up being around 10'x14' and there is a window to vent a paint booth out through. Even though the entire basement is mine to do what I want with, except where the laundry machines will be, I want the "hobby room" closed off from the rest of the area. But anyway, we're hoping to close by the end of the month, get the keys, and start the floor refinishing and painting before we actually move in. The rest of the little stuff can be done over time. So, that's where we stand right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's official! As of about 12:10PM yesterday(Wednesday) my wife and I became homeowners! But, as I described above, we're having the hardwood floors redone first starting today and that'll take approximately a week. So, the big move will have to wait and that will give me a little time to figure out when I'll use my vacation to do it. I'm going down there today to change the locks and the floor guy is getting right to it. I'll post a picture or two of the house tomorrow night after I get home from work.