Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dec. Issue

Guest G Holding

Only if you thought "The Jetsons" was real! :lol:

C'mon...Still have a crush on Judy :wub::wub: ........

And I do chuckle about NOPE....NEVER.... If you are a reader, there will always be hardcover versions, get out your wallet and the fine Art photography will always be printed ($$$$$) but if your like me...reading is reading!!

If you can take a paper magazine into the "throne room," then you can take an I-Pad into it just as easily.

just dont drop it in the toilet or bath tub, course if you drop your paper magazine in a bath tub or toilet its just as bad cause it toast the paper.....

Digital is fine, except im always worried with digital content and having a computer hard drive crash, I get a few model magazine digital downloads off of magcloud.com model car builder and lowriding in scale magazine and have them on my computer but backed them up on a flash drive just incase of a hard drive crash and losing them.

I could print them out on the printer but the cost of ink would be outrageous........

anyway going from print mag to digital is a matter of when not if...............but im with a few other people on the forum, i love to own the paper mags over digital for a lot of reasons, and changing will be harder for me, oh i live on a computer and get alot of other things digital but the model mags love the paper............................

What Darren said Harry. Yes, I use a computer, but for the majority of my reading, I will always prefer paper and print, also, I prefer to have something tangible for the money I am spending, and digital books and magazines are not that at all, imo. That is the same reason I am only downloading free books for my Kindle. If I am paying, I want something solid.

just dont drop it in the toilet or bath tub, course if you drop your paper magazine in a bath tub or toilet its just as bad cause it toast the paper.....

Digital is fine, except im always worried with digital content and having a computer hard drive crash, I get a few model magazine digital downloads off of magcloud.com model car builder and lowriding in scale magazine and have them on my computer but backed them up on a flash drive just incase of a hard drive crash and losing them.

I could print them out on the printer but the cost of ink would be outrageous........

anyway going from print mag to digital is a matter of when not if...............but im with a few other people on the forum, i love to own the paper mags over digital for a lot of reasons, and changing will be harder for me, oh i live on a computer and get alot of other things digital but the model mags love the paper............................

Dittos!

B)

What Darren said Harry. Yes, I use a computer, but for the majority of my reading, I will always prefer paper and print, also, I prefer to have something tangible for the money I am spending, and digital books and magazines are not that at all, imo. That is the same reason I am only downloading free books for my Kindle. If I am paying, I want something solid.

thats how i feel exactly. the few digital magazines i have downloaded I do not read as much as the paper ones, i like to see what I am buying, hold in my hands, and enjoy where i wish to, even if i go camping or go on vacation i always manage to have my paper mags come along with me.

Just checked my LHS, no Dec issue yet.

i realize that eventually all printed material will only be found in a digital form someday. In fact another magazine,(not model related), that I read faithfully, has recently expanded their online format. You can actually read it online a month before it is available in print.

But being of the over 50 crowd I still have a soft spot for the printed page. It's easier on the eyes. I can take it to work and read it on my breaks. And it can be taken into the library at home. (aka bathroom)

I can't my computer. So, while it is available in print form I will still paitently(?) wait for the latest issue to arrive.

I read the "other guys" magazine also, even though I personally feel that it is more fluff, especially the Jan issue. And there may be fewer tips that I haven't seen before, but frankly some of us have been around for a while and have seen quite abit more than others, we have to remember that there are newbies out there still learning that need this information.

So if you are not happy with the content, belly up to the work bench and produce some magazine quality content and building techniques and contribute something constructive to the next issue. Maybe with more quality content contributed, we'll get better, more timely magazines for all of us to read.

Just my narrow-minded personal opinion.

Paul

Edited by uncle potts

Unfortunately this is not a good thing especially after all the work to get it into places like Borders (chain book stores) as I doubt they would be too happy with magazines coming in with "stale" dates. One clerk might put it on the shelf and the one coming behind him sees a December date in January and yanks right back off the shelf thinking it has expired!? Fortunately I have a subscription so I just have to sweat it out waiting for it to arrive in the mail and hope I don't have to phone Denver Bell like I did twice last year.