Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

yea Corey I have been droooooling over them for a long time! they are the coolest ever, would love to have one! you have to be a REAL machinest to build something like that, that leaves me out!

I'd bet with the skills you have shown us all, you could probably learn it fairly easily.

Then, your models WOULD be blowing small children over. LOL.

Corey

Bill... you are doing outstanding work my friend. that engine is just besutiful and a work of art. you have some killer talents man. The more i see this build and please forgive me for not always checking in on the progress lately. I have been sick the past 2 weeks.but I really just need to spend the money and get tue lathe i have been eying for a while now.

I would love to see an artile on this in MCM as well. Your work is beautiful bud! Sure hope I get the chance to see it in person some day.

Chris brother, I totally understand that, this is an awesome hobby, but we still have to deal with life unfortunatly, lol I haven't made much progress lateIy either, appreciate the kind words my friend

I had the pleasure of seeing this at local show this weekend and drooled all over it. I tried to find you the builder but the people that said they knew you couldnt find you. Wanted to just stick it in my pocket and run off very outstanding pics dont do the justice. Thanks for coming down to KS and showing it off as well as that gorgeousdragster

Mr Davis - awesome work my friend. Awesome. Can't wait to see more.

I had the pleasure of seeing this at local show this weekend and drooled all over it. I tried to find you the builder but the people that said they knew you couldnt find you. Wanted to just stick it in my pocket and run off very outstanding pics dont do the justice. Thanks for coming down to KS and showing it off as well as that gorgeousdragster

Dave thanks man! I haven't made any progress on it for a few weeks, I have been to 3 shows in the last 3 weekends and going to Branson to a show this weekend, I have been enjoying sharing the engine and my dragster, everyone has been very supportive of both! thanks !!

I am sorry I missed you at Wichita Jeremiah! you should have hung around a little bit I was there all day wandering around, it would have been great to meet you, I made a couple of new friends while I was there, I appreciate the kind words and NOT sticking it in your pocket !! lol

The whole building process of your aluminum engine is just amazing. i have never seen any thing like it. At least for a plastic model car.

Its crazy good and you did an insane amount of details through out the engine its just incredible. Great work!

Cheers,

Byron

I have a small update, I got the waist gates done and installed, still need to run some oil lines to the turbos, and a couple lines to the waist gates, I all so added some weld to the intake plenum, still need to make a starter and dip stick and do a few more details and this thing is finally about done! I took it to Omaha to a show this weekend so I added some temporary exhaust to give it a more finished look.IMG_1296-vi.jpg thanks for looking!

It's just the engine, but this pic is so sexy you'd expect to see it in Rodders Journal.

Awesome work, buddy!