Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old factory/ Industrial building diorama

kingtoy

After seeing Dr. Cranky's and Daniel's dioramas...now I have to build one. I especially like the funtional lighting in Daniel's. I want to build mine with similar constuction like in the picture. In the picture, those are about 30 ft timbers to the ceiling. It's an old factory that my uncle had a storage unit in. It was being converted into condo's and we had to clear out the storage. Planning on building a diorama about 1 1/2' x 3' with the timber framing and brick interior/exterior walls.999.jpg

Those really look like some great reference pictures and i'm really looking forward to seeing your progress on your build.

Thanks...the building didn't look that great from the ouside, but inside with all the timbers was awesome. Good old virgin timbers! No laminates or steel I-beams! I only have an idea and list of materials on paper at the moment. Once I get going, I'll start posting some pics. I was just so impressed with Daniel's diorama with the lighting and all. Great inspiration!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite shows on cable to watch is "PhotoXplorers", it is a group of photographers that travel all over the world to take pictures at factories, mines, churches, etc, that have been abondened for decades. It is always intresting to see what has happened to this places over the years. You can also can get some good ideas from the show "Life after people".