Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Today I got a new professional title! I had been putting off going for the International Facility Management Association's Certified Facility Manager exam for a bunch of years because of horror stories of people failing the five hour exam. I've even taken the prep course twice. Well today I got past that fear and took the test. And I passed. So now on my business card it will say "Tom Geiger, CFM", which is a big honor in my industry.

And it should help me a great deal in my current job search! Anyone need a Certified Facility Manager?

Today I got a new professional title! I had been putting off going for the International Facility Management Association's Certified Facility Manager exam for a bunch of years because of horror stories of people failing the five hour exam. I've even taken the prep course twice. Well today I got past that fear and took the test. And I passed. So now on my business card it will say "Tom Geiger, CFM", which is a big honor in my industry.

And it should help me a great deal in my current job search! Anyone need a Certified Facility Manager?

Congrats! Do you accept plastic?

Dale

A quick "grocking" of the kit gave me a great impression of the kit, Hugh! I'm looking forward to building it eventually!

I've built three of them a long time ago; an ETO G model, another G in '60s civilian freighter style, and an F backdated to an early E for an aborted Pearl Harbor movie project. It goes together remarkably well.

IMG_3800-vi.jpg

The eBay man brought this to me today! $6 bid plus $6 postage. I bid quick as it was ending and never noticed that they actually put the Monogram 1/24 Nomad in this kit. I was actually looking for the old Revell kit. A buddy-o-mine invited me to a challenge to see if both of us (or either!) could actually build a decent model from the Revell kit. I already had one underway, but wanted a back up kit. And this was cheap. Oh well, it was worth the $12 anyway!

IMG_3801-vi.jpg

Dean Milano did a lot of the design on this series of kits. This decal sheet is him all the way! Route 66 theme and some pretty cool images. I will be using the travel stickers on my camper, and I will keep my eye out for a second sheet so I'll have two each of the larger signs to do light commercial vehicles. I'd love to do a Ted's Root Beer van!

IMG_3802-vi.jpg

Of course the kid in me... first thing I did was build the gas station. It's just a cardboard thingie, but cool in it's own way. It will sit in the back of my display case. I may use it for some photo shoots in the future. I also noticed that this is the first shot since I painted my deck! So now you can date all my photos by the deck color (gray-pre Sept 2013, brown- after).

$T2eC16h,!zUE9s39!ee0BR7ZzNQJc!~~60_57.J

And in the same delivery, the eBay man brought me the above old postcard for my collection. Back in 1904, the post office sorted mail enroute in special postal cars on the trains. This one has the marking of being on the "New York & Washington RPO "Railway Post Office" and received in Baltimore. And you think the mail is fast now? It was just as fast in 1904. Note that it was mailed in Mohonk Lake, NY on the 22nd and received in Baltimore the next day. I just love old history!

IMG_3795-vi.jpg

And some neighbors came over!

Edited by Tom Geiger

I picked up a few things today.

An AMT '62 Buick for my planned restoration of a 1964 Wildcat. I may be raiding this very heavily for parts, especially engine and undercarriage parts.

A 3-oz. Badger airbrush bottle.

A can of Testors Model Master Silver Blue lacquer, which is the same color as Marlin Blue on the '64 Buick.

The Bare-Metal scriber, which might prove useful to assist in disassembling several parts of the Wildcat, along with other uses, of course.

Charlie Larkin

125d6b31-5326-488c-9d2d-3769eee9cb3f_zps

This past week my buddy gave me a few parts.

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

I have spent most of my free time for the past three days sorting through it all. Lots of great useful parts. There are a couple 69 Charger bodies and parts, many 57 Chrysler frames and a couple bodies, an almost complete unstarted Roth 56 Ford pickup, a lot of 40 Ford parts and bodies, many 29 Ford parts and parts, parts and more parts.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Haul from the Pittsburgh show...

Things purchased at the show -

10011744424_4630fc02ec_b.jpg

Shady illegal deal in the parking lot -- Oh alright stuff I had bought from a friend's collection, and it was cheaper to pick them up at the show than try to ship all of this...

10011813326_cd30645f44_b.jpg

The Skyline GT-R 2000 is an excellent kit .. I need to get another one

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...