Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro converible interior help

I am working on a 69 Camaro convertible and l am confused. l have been looking at pictures and the indy has orange interior and a black dash. Why do some interiors have black dashes and carpets and some Camaros have the dashes the color of the interior? l am building a Camaro that is plain jane with dog dishes just to be different...Any help I would be greatful

Edited by slusher

Not sure what you're asking, Carl. Are you asking why some Camaros have single color dashboards and some have two-tone dashboards? Or did you note that the Indy Camaros have orange & black two tone dashboards while other Camaros have single color dashboards?

I think the black dash would go with the black (of course) and the white interior. The others should be the same color as the rest of the interior. I believe the reason the orange interior got the black dash was there were so few of the orange interiors produced. Don't take any of this as the gospel though. I could be wrong.

Are you building an Indy version Carl? I've always wanted to build one with the orange interior and hounds tooth. But never have gotten around to it. If you happen to need extra interior decals, give me shout.