Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Peterbilt 359 Large Car

It has been a while since my last post and I don't have alot to show yet, but slowly she's coming along.

I've had a few set backs with some paint issues that made me have to repaint a few things more than I wanted to. I have also had a few speed bumps in life to deal with but will keep going. I have started on the strips now. The blue arcs will be painted black and only leaving a fine blue outline. The hood was almost finished when I had dripped some blue paint on the right side and trying to remove it taking the clear coat with it. Back to wet sanding and repainting it again.

Should have the rest of the blue arcs painted pretty soon. Then a light coat of clear and then the black will follow. Once thats all done and a final coat of clear she should be ready to put together.

DSCN4069.thumb.JPG.d5e25b979a89ff9c5ce9a2daf24ab598.JPG

Will post more soon, I hope.

Thanks, Ken. :blink::wacko:B)

Edited by Kenny B

Thanks for the coments.

I finished painting the blue arcs. Well except for the right side of the hood which is being repainted.

What a fun time that was!!

DSCN4076.thumb.JPG.55580e63933d41293606fa2201b5aa60.JPG

More to come soon.

Ken. :wacko::blink:B)

Edited by Kenny B

I might have to talk real nice to you or buy you a case of orange paint when it comes time to build a trailer for it.

Ken. B)

I was just going to ask if you had plans for a trailer for this bad boy. A spread axle reefer would give you a great canvas for matching paint work. Great job

Thanks JT.

I might have to talk real nice to you or buy you a case of orange paint when it comes time to build a trailer for it.

Ken. B)

LOL !!! Judging by how well you've done with this thing, I'm sure you could do a much better job, but it would be my pleasure to build a trailer shell for you.....I'd have to be on top of my game to build one for you, though....This bad boy is tremendous.....

LOL !!! Judging by how well you've done with this thing, I'm sure you could do a much better job, but it would be my pleasure to build a trailer shell for you.....I'd have to be on top of my game to build one for you, though....This bad boy is tremendous.....

Thanks JT,

But wait and see what I want to use for the trailer. It has taken me amost three years to build the truck. I wonder if they will let me build the trailer in the retirement home..

Ken. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished painting the rest of the hood. Here is a what the rest of the truck will look like. The hood was the first to be painted and I was so excited that I needed to show it to everyone.

Wow, a lot of masking.

DSCN4089.thumb.JPG.acfd65c1eede9b4f0a344e4666575b1f.JPG

Thanks, Ken. B)

Edited by Kenny B

Ken,

Real nice job on the masking. The paint on the hood looks great!

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator,

I hope the rest of her turns out as well as the hood did. Let me tell you it sure is time consuming.

Ken. :blink:B)

Yeah, Man...That paint scheme is awesome.....Just awesome.....Man....I can only imagine what paint scheme a race trailer would be for this thing.....And can only speculate on the rivet count.....Oh, My.....Let's see what the truck looks like, first, shall we.... :D

Looks great Ken. The paint scheme from sledgehammer is an awesome choice. Very nice work.

Clayton,

Thanks, I looked at a lot of paint jobs on line and when I found Sledgehammer I fell in love with it. I wanted something different and what a task that turned out to be. I had a picture on my desktop background for months, and looked at it for hours wondering how it would look and how I would go about painting it on. The wife got tired of looking at it on the desktop background. I really surprised myself on how well it turned out. I hope the rest of the paint turns out as well as the hood did. It sure is a lot of work masking it off.

Ken. B)

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 10:15 PM, kilrathy10 said:

Yeah, Man...That paint scheme is awesome.....Just awesome.....Man....I can only imagine what paint scheme a race trailer would be for this thing.....And can only speculate on the rivet count.....Oh, My.....Let's see what the truck looks like, first, shall we.... :D

JT, Thanks.

I have a piece of what ever you want to call it to use for the trailer. The good side is like a mirror and the back side is like the material you use for counter tops. The good side is not made of glass feels more like a thin piece of metal.

I have measured it and would be able to make a 48' for sure but no room for errors. I don't know how I would cut it. I was thinking of going to a glass place to see if they might know.

I'm thinking that it is a vandal proof mirror that they use in public washrooms.

Any ideas????

I just down loaded a couple of pictures for you to look at.

It has a total of three layers, total measurements is 3mm thick.

DSCN4086.thumb.JPG.0d835f2e49f96fa300c032cefa5fa40e.JPGDSCN4088.thumb.JPG.d1c1474ca08e67e9e38fa817fb8cb28c.JPG

Thanks, Ken. B)

Edited by Kenny B