Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sale at Scale Finishes $5 dollar paint( ends on 5-13)

I have used and like these paints. I have also used his clear over Testors one shot laq paints with great results. They are ready to shoot, and to me worth the money. On top of that, he is a great guy to deal with. I have never ordered from him via mail, but I have bought from his at shows person to person.

Mark, give it a shot, free shipping , its a good deal

With regard to Norbies Technique i can attest to thin like milk and 10 - 12 lbs of pressure. It works very well for me. I cannot get down to 1" from the surface though. also he does not say how wide a pattern his ab sprays.

In any event, i bought 5 bottles last night. All gloss enamel. Enough for 2 Corvettes and a '70 Challenger.

I appreciate the tip about compatible clears.

joe.

Wow, I want to load up on this sale and get some of the factory colors I've been needing, but I'm a little concerned about the note that pretty much says they need to be used in conjunction with a respirator. I'm guessing it's because the enamels are reduced with lacquer. I don't have a respirator and I doubt it'd do much good since my beard would probably keep it from sealing properly.

Suggestions? (Other than trimming the beard)

Wow, I want to load up on this sale and get some of the factory colors I've been needing, but I'm a little concerned about the note that pretty much says they need to be used in conjunction with a respirator. I'm guessing it's because the enamels are reduced with lacquer. I don't have a respirator and I doubt it'd do much good since my beard would probably keep it from sealing properly.

Monty, all paint should be used with some kind of respirator, as long as you use the paint in a well ventilated area, just like any other paint.

Guest G Holding

Only fools spray without safety equipment. A respirator is easy to test and you might need to trim.....BUT If you gotta look good, then you can die young too!

I use mine daily, 3M is a lifesaver for many years, I change cartridges every 2 or 3 months!

I doubt it'd do much good since my beard would probably keep it from sealing properly.

Purchase a 3M full face respirator. It'll protect your eyes, too. You can cinch the straps tightly enough that you'll get a good seal.

I ordered Monday and it must have been through the USPS, it was in my mailbox, and UPS and FedEx usually leave stuff at the door. I think it was actually in my mailbox Thursday and I didn't check it.

This is my first experience with them, but they're the sort of company I've never heard a bad work about. Jameston seems to have a stellar reputation.

I ordered Monday and it must have been through the USPS, it was in my mailbox, and UPS and FedEx usually leave stuff at the door. I think it was actually in my mailbox Thursday and I didn't check it.

This is my first experience with them, but they're the sort of company I've never heard a bad work about. Jameston seems to have a stellar reputation.

He shipped my order on Wed, Fri it was in my mail box