Model Cars Magazine Forum

Double-Diamond Tread Plate at Hobby Lobby

For you scratchbuilders, here's a heads-up: I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and noticed some new items in the diorama/train landscaping section. They were big sheets of textured white styrene; most of them were brickwork or wood siding in HO scale, but they also had a double-diamond style sheet in 1/24 scale. Looked to be perfect to make items such as running boards, tool boxes, and such. Quite a large sheet for about $6.50, and with a 40% coupon it's almost cheap :)

JTT Architectural Model Parts/JTT & Partners/JTT Scenery Products all appear on the package. The website is: www.sceneryproducts.com

In the store, the product is located between the Xacto blades and Woodland Scenic trees.

Edited by Wayne's World

I got some today after seeing this, thanks! I was saving my 40% off coupon all week trying to think of something I needed. They were clearing out the '62 Buick Electra 225 for $11.39 also, so I got something I didn't need, another model! :lol:

I saw this yesterday at a HL and while it is nice to have, it doesn't compare to the truer to scale Don Mills treadplate. I also noticed that this product is only .010" thick and very thin and flimsy.

I am not a rivet counter but there is a better treadplate out there, Don Mills.