Model Cars Magazine Forum

A few WW2 Military Trucks (in 1/35 scale)

I can't call myself a "military modeller" because I'm only interested in the trucks, and I no longer tend to weather my models.....for some reason I prefer the vehicles to look new and 'FOB the factory'.

The Studebaker and the International are scratch-built using wheels/axles from the Italerai and Revell/Russian kits, and the others are modified from various resin kits with added opening doors, tubing exhaust, and poseable steering etc.

Some of the resin kits were quite well done with good proportion and mold quality while others were really crude with bubbles, 'short-shots', bad proportion, and missing parts, etc. In all cases, I've added lots of details according to the military truck reference that I've accumulated over the years.

Paint on all these models is automotive basecoat with added hardener but no clearcoat.

P9240003-1.jpg

P9240004-1.jpg

P9270003.jpg

P9240006.jpg

P9250030-1.jpg

P9250032-2-1.jpg

P9250028.jpg

P9250029.jpg

Edited by traditional

Great looking replicas (but maybe you could paint them OD instead of 'German' grey?). :D

Hi Daniel,

Actually all the trucks are done in 'Olive Drab' but in my attempt to lighten the pics so all the detail was shown, I guess the color got washed out a bit.

Strangely, they still look green on my screen.

Great looking trucks Clifford. I remember building some Deuce and a half's and Halftracks waaaaayyy back in the '60's.... built 'em right out of the box... no paint.... Played with them awhile then blew them up with firecrackers & lighter fluid...

That's just plain mean. LOL!

MICHAELJ...