Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished: 32 Ford Coupe

Billy Kingsley

This is the old Monogram 1/24 32 Ford, I used the Beach Boys issue from 1989 that was molded in red (which shows up in pictures on the running boards, but not in person, ODD!) The paint is Tamiya Metallic black on the body and regular black on the fenders. The interior is Model Master Lacquer (MML) Sterling Silver. All directly over the red plastic.

This is the first model I've ever built specifically for a contest theme. The NNL Nationals has a Merc/Duece reunion next month, and the TNMCC and NNL East both have 32 Ford themes. So, I set plans into motion and built this over the days of August 22nd-August 31st.

Overall, I am not completly happy with it, but it's a fun, simple kit that was a perfect fix for the workbenchless blues; the kit was built entirely on my bed and floor.

The hardest part was the grill. I had to drybrush it 7 times to get it to look the way I wanted it too. I also found the suspension to be too fragile, it broke several times.

Unfortunatly, it does not photograph very well, the metallic black is very hard to photograph, my Johan 70 0lds presented the same problem.

It moves into #1 in my All My Models album on my Fotki. The builds are in there in chronological order, and it is older then the 34 Ford Pickup I built in 2000. The album now has 465 photos, the largest model album I have.

Thanks for looking!

2006September3rd007-vi.jpg

2006September3rd006-vi.jpg

2006September3rd008-vi.jpg

2006September3rd009-vi.jpg

2006September3rd010-vi.jpg

2006September3rd011-vi.jpg

I was trying to get a shot of the dashboard here. It's MML brush silver, with a red Sharpie providing the gauge faces.

2006September3rd012-vi.jpg

2006September3rd013-vi.jpg