Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many do you have going?

Too many, probably 20 - 30, but usually 3 active at a time, rotating for glue and paint drying time.

probly the same for me various foxbody mustangs in various stages of completion...... along with many other types of projects cars trucks and vans guess it just depends upon what i feel like building....... defenetely a HUGE amound going at the same time...... Whoops i glued together another engine block, and broke the seal on another factory sealed kit I guess thats yet another couple to the "Build" in progress list LOL :P

3 right now. a 1958 Pontiac Bonneville , a 1955 Chrysler 300 and a 1968 Charger .

All 3 are close, waiting on chrome for the Pontiac, need clear for the 300 so I can polish it out a start assembly and the Charger I just need to button up some little details and its done.

Pontiac is for me,,the other 2 will be given to the owners of the 1/1 cars as gifts

I have a 1962 Dodge Blairs Speed Shop stocker I started but wasnt happy with the finish so I shelved it till I decide how I want to procede ( trying to decide to put more clear on it and polish it and see if I can save it ,,,,,or in the strip tank to start over ?????? )

Edited by gtx6970

I try to keep focus on one build at a time but at the current moment I do have 5 projects that are laying around the bench, another 2 or 3 that I want to start but try to wait until I'm finished with one of the current WIPs. I also have several (have not counted) started projects that I have put away in the closet that I want to get back to later.

My current WIP (the Ford F350 camper) I did start (and built most of) in 2011 and it was sitting in the closet to the beginning of this year. Very rarely do I start a build and then work on it without stopping untill it's done.

Normally 2-3 kits at the same time for me, and Im a very slow builder!.

At the moment I have an AMT Ford interceptor police car in primer, a Revell 57 Chevy that just needs the interior painting and the glass put in, and an AMT Peterbilt wrecker which I started last April and so far its just a painted chassis on wheels !.

My biggest time killer is painting, I have no indoor facility to paint and the weather in the UK from late November till March is not painting weather at all ! lol

Edited by Mr Stock

For me, it depends. My current build and previous (now finished) build were the only thing on the bench. Before that, I had two or three on the bench simultaneously. I think it may have something to do with whether a build is box stock, or getting kit bashed. If I'm kitbashing, I think I end up looking for inspiration in various places, so other things will come out of the box at the same time.

I have three different versions of the Revell 32 Ford in my stash (5 window, tudor sedan and Rat Roaster), when I get to those I plan to work on all three simultaneously to see what can be made with parts-swapping.