Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beauty & The Beast

Dr. Cranky

Why not buy a qt. of clear and the hardener for it? In the long run, It's got to be cheaper than spray cans. You can't control the pattern or pressure with a spray can and most of the paint winds up in the air, not on the model.

Yep, I prefer the quart and hardner... I like HOK Kosmic Clear and Dupont Chroma Clear, never ever had any issues with clogging my Badger airbrush. But you can't neglect tearing it all the way down and doing a good clean job. That is all I use is Auto Paint and Clear from HOK to HOT HUES... it gets expensive but it lays down exceptionally well with no issues of having to test if something will cause a reaction.

I always love your rusty/crusty creations. In this case however, I sure hope that both of these beauties are going to remain shiny. Thanks for the tip on the Dupont Acrylic Clear. You do amazing work with your Iwata, have you considered decanting and shooting this particular clear? Thanks, I'm a huge fan with huge respect for your painting skills.

Virgil, could you tell me where you got those figures shown in your first post? Thanks.

Yeah, really!! They kinda look like Preiser, but I've never seen that set before? Oh by the way, when did those pics pop up????? That's not what I saw when I first read this post!? :huh::blink: