Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's something I've been working on for the past few months. I started with Revell's 1995 Chevy Street Pickup, and started modifying it. I lowered the front suspension and raised the rear, I removed the door handles and scratchbuilt a bed cover.

I drilled out the wheels...

2006February8001-vi.jpg

2006February8003-vi.jpg

Really pleased with how the Chevy logo on the grill came out. The bowtie logo is Testors gold, and the trim is Red Sharpie.

2006February8004-vi.jpg

The frame and engine are gold, too.

2006February8005-vi.jpg

The rolled pan was scratchbuilt. I also sealed off the tailgate. It used to open.

2006February8007-vi.jpg

This is about how it's going to sit.

2006February8008-vi.jpg

Here's the bed cover. It was clear plastic.

2006February9001-vi.jpg

2006February12022-vi.jpg

It was primered then. That didn't come out so good.

Now, I've sanded a bunch more, and it's sitting home with putty in several places. I filled in the vents on the nose, and I'm in the process of smoothing out the bed and other various parts. There's lots of putty on it, and it should be ready for sanding when I get home from Massachusets...

Great looking truck so far Billy. I really like how you did the wheels. If you're not using it already, try some scratch filler primer as your first coat....it helps to hide some of the sanding marks and then you can cover it with a finer primer if you want.