Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blasts From The Past

While looking for something else, I found quite a few old photos from the old Plastic Cowboy Model Truck website - over 1400 of them, so I uploaded them to my Fotki page tonight.

http://public.fotki.com/mackinac359/the-plastic-cowboy/

A lot of these are small and fuzzy - back in the days of low band width availability, Sony Mavica low-resolution pics and bad cropping.

Enjoy !

Tim

Wow! How long did it take to load 1400 pic? This is what got me back into the hobby. I'm just overwhelmed by the talent & quality of the models out there. When I started modeling, I did it for relaxation, mostly only seen by a few close friends or trucking buddies. Where I live you had no model shows in the area. If you wanted reference material on a new truck, you had to drive a 100 miles at least. Now just about anything you want to build is only aclick away. I could rattle on all nite, but I've got 1390 pictures left to look at!

In "In Tandem", Will drove a 1972 or 1973 K100 flat-top for "California Lines".

Hi Jim,

Yes I remember Frank Converse (Will) driving the KW cabover in the first episode, what I was referring to is the model Tim created of the Pruitt KW Aerodyne cabover in the attached link :mellow: It's a great looking model, of course I like the BJ& the Bear Aerodyne just a tad bit more. I also like Tim's double bunk KW cabover seen in the Misc KW section.