Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do I do?

I'm trying to build my 32' and I just don't have the parts I need. With no parts box, no luck on the forum, and a few kits to pick from I went diggin into my DUB diecast collection and came across this mustang. I'm not a big mustang fan but this one is pretty sick but I was going to sacrifice it until I noticed a little signature on the dash by the name of Carroll Shelby. (not real) not sure if it will be some sort of collectible.

2b5cc3bc.jpg

eb4c2b69.jpg

21f1003d.jpg

So I ask you all, what do i do?

Would you sacrifice it for the parts?

Try and trade it on the forum?

Put it back in the closet until I one day get shelves to put it on?

Edited by JasonFL

I really don't think it's actually signed, more likely stamped on. How would an elderly gentleman sign such a small signature I'm such an awkward location.

Lol yes I know that, I just wasn't sure if it was going to be a collectible or what?

Since it looks DUBBED out, I highly doubt that it would or will be collectible even though it has Carroll Shelby's signature which is probably and looks like to me that it could be tampo printed.

Unless you really need the parts you might hold on to it for awhile until a good trade comes your way you never know what might happen.

Just a thought... :rolleyes:

Edited by MyJoeyLogano20

What sort of parts were you looking for that you decided to turn to a DUB kit? :P

I really love the rims, the rears are huge but I think the fronts would work. I also need the bucket seats and maybe a few other parts.

I know you already have the kit and maybe don't want to pay for something else, but I'd suggest a set of big and little (19" & 23") Pegasus wheels, since they'd be better quality and IMO would look much better, plus they come with good tires. You could then either try to fit the diecast's brakes, or get a set of Pegasus disc brakes.

do a search of completed auctions on ebay for something like "shelby gt500kr" and see what they are selling for.

you will either have a valuable collectable or a common piece of trash. hope for the latter and part it out!

Check it out online. Unless it is a limited edition or has something else unique about it most things these days are produced in such high numbers that they will never be worth more than you originally paid for it.

The Mustang may not be a future collectible , but it looks like something that would be easy to sell / trade . Keep it .

Use the pegasus wheels and brakes . they are designed to work together and they look great !

What else do you need for your '32 ? I have more parts boxes than I'll ever use , and will gladly send you anything I may have .

PM me and we'll get that '32 back on the bench !

BOB .

You don't really think that Shelby, around the age of 80 when these Jada DieCast were made, actually signed the tiny dashes in these!!!!!!!!

Of course Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the early Jada, some that were made in extremely low numbers, may bring a price higher than retail, if they are left in their bubble blister.

For the most part, especially the Jada Muscle Cars Series, these Jada Muscle Cars were produced in a slightly off and stylized version of the real thing.

CadillacPat

If you really want to use these wheels, do it. This car will never be worth any real money so don't worry about it. Almost all collectables made now will never realize a increase in value. I have a fairly large collection of so-called Collectables and except for a few I paid a lot of money for they have not gained in value and in fact some I can buy now on ebay for less than I paid when they first came out. This of coarse is just one mans opinion.

You don't really think that Shelby, around the age of 80 when these Jada DieCast were made, actually signed the tiny dashes in these!!!!!!!!

Of course Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CadillacPat

Nope! Actually, his business manager sent him to the factory in China, where they chained his ankle to the tampo printing machine. For a few months.

So in a way, yeah, it's just like he signed it! :D:blink:;)