Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real Or Model #123 Finished!

Real or model?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

I'll say real. As others have said some of the small details look too good to be for a model and, I also think almost any modeller would have put bigger wheels and tires in the rear?

No kidding, even if it only had a warmed over 383 and loud mufflers, I would have stuck more tire on the back of it!

Hi....im going to have to say its a model,but at first glance i wanted to say real....the reason for saying model is the tires arent squiched from the weight of the car.....thats the only reason though. very nice!!!

I think it's real, the tires may just be overinflated... ;) !

I'm going with real... check out the weatherstrip in the wing-vent windows- I don't see how ANYBODY could replicate that as well as it looks in the photo. Then again, I'm a ham-fisted, semitalented hack, so what the hey-all do I know!? :lol:

Welp, Kahuna, Iz Dat Time againz!!! You NOT gom letta lil snow stop yaz iz yaz??? I aredy dun fired up BIG RED an cleand 5 houses on my block! Once Ol Red getz ta blowin it's like a crack Ho up on Chene!!! Jus cain't stop! Sooooo, wat it gon beeez like Kahuna??? RoM? Ya gotta pack 'O RoM junlies jus awaitin on ya!!!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif (Oh, I trust you slept well.smile.gif )

Yo Mike-O, WE'S ROLLIN big time! See I told ya's it was real!!!! Look under the rear quarter, you can just barely make out the leaf spring behind the tire. If it's a model that spring woulda had to been Photo Etched! . Plus the drille was just tooo real lookin ta me.

Guest promodmerc

Yo Mike-O, WE'S ROLLIN big time! See I told ya's it was real!!!! Look under the rear quarter, you can just barely make out the leaf spring behind the tire. If it's a model that spring woulda had to been Photo Etched! . Plus the drille was just tooo real lookin ta me.

Not to mention the chrome trim, wing window and the shape of the roof in the rear.

I'm rollin in it to Georgie Boy :D

I was the first to post and I said real :huh:

Edited by promodmerc

Not to mention the chrome trim, wing window and the shape of the roof in the rear.

I'm rollin in it to Georgie Boy :D

I was the first to post and I said real :huh:

Yup! That was the first clue to me that this was real. Not to mention the weatherstripping/window channeling and the headliner........something that most modelers don't include when making a replica stock.

Yup! That was the first clue to me that this was real. Not to mention the weatherstripping/window channeling and the headliner........something that most modelers don't include when making a replica stock.

That's what kind of tipped me off.... sheesh, not even Bill goes to that level of detail! Well, not on the wing window weatherstripping, anyway!

Yepper we sho did this week!!!

and when I followed that link.....Harry didn't photoshop it.....somebody else did!!:lol:

Real or model, Harry did a heckuva Photoshop job on the shadow and reflection. (It's obvious that the shadow is computer generated, but it's still beautifully done.) I give it a very uneasy "real car" vote, mainly because the hood scoop material is so thin.

Edited by Ddms