Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best filler putty.

On the super glue (CA glue) and baking soda - don't let the work cure for too long (meaning, weeks, months, years) as it becomes hard as glass and difficult to sand.

Tim

That's when your Dremel comes in real handy.

:)

3 M Bondo Professional Glazing Putty w/ catalyst

Tamiya Putty

Milliput both types

standard grain and also superfine grain

Will use Squardon white and or green for little jobs.

All in all I do prefer the Bondo brand putty, but that's just my choice.

Jeff :)

for very little cracks or hedge of 2 parts together [like the white freightliner] you can take thinner and from the sprue,s cut little pieces of plastic put it in a

glas whit a lid on it closed and after 1 day you have a kind of pasta

whit a brush you fil the line the thinner vaporis and the plastic is melt between the parts

sanding etc it works [looks like a kind of welding] only for little work no big holes ore gaps

jacobus

for very little cracks or hedge of 2 parts together [like the white freightliner] you can take thinner and from the sprue,s cut little pieces of plastic put it in a

glas whit a lid on it closed and after 1 day you have a kind of pasta

whit a brush you fil the line the thinner vaporis and the plastic is melt between the parts

sanding etc it works [looks like a kind of welding] only for little work no big holes ore gaps

jacobus

Very creative idea.

I usually fill the low spot in with baking powder, then apply a CA-type "superglue" over the top, but I only use that for deeper areas where I want a very solid base. I also try to leave the filled area just slightly lower than the surrounding area, then skim over it with a two-part body filler (Evercoat's Eurosoft is my choice), sand, then prime with a filler primer.

I usually fill the low spot in with baking powder, then apply a CA-type "superglue" over the top, but I only use that for deeper areas where I want a very solid base. I also try to leave the filled area just slightly lower than the surrounding area, then skim over it with a two-part body filler (Evercoat's Eurosoft is my choice), sand, then prime with a filler primer.

.....Casey, you use baking powder, or soda? lf powder, how does the consistency differ from soda?