Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show me the 4 bangers!

I like that last picture, very dramatic.

What building is that in the background?

Also- what is the wagon at the top?

Charlie Larkin

Thank you! The blue wagon is an Azect Honda Accord by Aoshima. The building is the Cincinnati Museum Center. I miss living in Cincinnati for the beautiful backdrops but NOT the weather!! Here's a picture with Procter & Gamble as a backdrop...

cresta_png.jpg

Edited by Tonioseven

modeltantrailer.jpg

A M T's 1925 Ford Model T roadster "Backdated " into a 1917 roadster with a Horse- drawn trailer modified for motor vehicle towing . Taken from vintage photograph ..........

tarponjalopy.jpg

jalop1.jpg

two views of A M T's 1929 Ford Model A roadster combined with parts of a 1930 Ford Model A truck to make a period "Jalopy " racer

34view1926Ford.jpg

Revell's Lil John Butra street rod combined with parts of A M T's 1925 Ford Model T to get a 1926 Ford tudor sedan

Ed Shaver

I knew that building looked familiar, Antonio! I live in Dayton and do some running down to Cinci for work. I have been to the Terminal Museum/building a few times!

Where do you live in Florida now? I grew up and lived in the Kissimmee/St.Cloud area and used to run the streets of Orlando a LOT when I was growing up.

what is that, a Saab V4?

whatever it is, its totally kool...

In the Vee Dub? Nah- that's the Beetle pancake four, up front and hooked up to a conventional trans. B) ( I blame this one soley on 'VW Dave' and the front engined Model T "V Bucket" hot rod he built a few years back.)

edit: oh yes now i see the VW there! nice stuff!

>In the Vee Dub? Nah- that's the Beetle pancake four, up front and hooked up to a conventional trans. :huh: ( I blame this one soley on 'VW Dave'

>and the front engined Model T "V Bucket" hot rod he built a few years back.)

naw i meant this one, i was having a problem posting it the other night, lets see if it works now:

is that a VW motor? too small for me to really see but i thought i could see cylinders sticking up at a 45 degree angle.

posting the photo just aint working...its the flat black coupe with the red flames at or near your post back on page one.

nice work too just real curious what kinda mill you got there. i am always on the lookout for new strange motors.

and now i am reminded that i GOTTA build my surfite one of these days.

i gotta agree with ed shaver...there is strange stuff going on with this board at the moment. heres an idea: dont mess with it when it works. spend your time building a model or something!

:lol:

Edited by jbwelda

Some Really great builds being posted up here....

...Dave, that Rav4 is insane, and Scale Master, I love the Opel GT !

This thread is right up my alley. Here's some of my scratch built engines:

OS Giken TC16-MAII (Datsun/Nissan L18 based block)

dscf5084yt.jpg

dscf5228.jpg

Some of my Toyota "T" block engines (2T-G, 2T-C), and a 22RE (Celica/truck)

dscf5094a.jpg

dscf5074n.jpg

There are a lot more in the works...I just havn't finished fabricating them up yet.

Jimmy

Some Really great builds being posted up here....

...Dave, that Rav4 is insane, and Scale Master, I love the Opel GT !

This thread is right up my alley. Here's some of my scratch built engines:

OS Giken TC16-MAII (Datsun/Nissan L18 based block)

dscf5084yt.jpg

dscf5228.jpg

Some of my Toyota "T" block engines (2T-G, 2T-C), and a 22RE (Celica/truck)

dscf5094a.jpg

dscf5074n.jpg

There are a lot more in the works...I just havn't finished fabricating them up yet.

Jimmy

Where are you getting all the Weber Carbs from??? Those are impossible for me to find!

Well Jason, they are not Weber carbs...they're Mikuni/Solex 40PHH Type T on the Toyota motors, and 44PHH Type S (standard Nissan OEM replacemnt carbs) on my OS motor. They are resin copies of my own master. I'll eventually get around to making Weber DCOE sidedrafts, and IDF downdrafts as I have a few projects planned that will require those carbies. All of the engines I post are scratchbuilt by me.

dscf5155w.jpg

Please overlook the top set of carbs...they were an earlier attempt at making them. I wanted to show the evolution of my fabrication work. Unfortunately, Uncle Sam decided to take away my summer vaction, and temporarily relocate me from tropical Okinawa Japan, to not so tropical Anchorage Alaska :D I should be back sometime next month if you are interested.

Also, I thought I'd post up a few of my in-progress 4 bangers:

Nissan CA18DET

dscf0073ds6.jpg

Nissan SR20DET

dscf5506h.jpg

Mitsubishi 4G63

1000976pa6.jpg

Jimmy

Edited by CrewDawg15