Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #167 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

I don't think it was too easy....But a lot of us old farts remember Kustom history....Harry was the godfather in many eyes

Great choice!!B) B)

Harry Westergard customized the 1940 Westergard

Mercury with a 1942 Buick grille and avant-garde

fadeaway fenders and packard lights

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/westergard-mercury-custom-car.htm

Harry taught a couple of kids by the name of Barris......

"Harry was known as a man that cared about other people, especially young people. According to Teen Angel, and his "Cruise Into the Past" story that he wrote for Lowrider Magazine March 1980, high school kids used to come around his backyard shop to learn about customizing cars. He always took time out to show them how to do things that would help the appearance of their cars. Two of these kids were George and Sam Barris. "

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Harry_Westergard

I dont get in on the Auto ID to often, but I usually get in on the R.O.M. "quiz". The last 4 or 5 have been real, Im seeing a trend, how bout we shake it up a little? Throw a model in there once in a while. Even though Ive only been right once the whole time Ive been a member(it was a Mercedes), Id like to go on something other than stats for my guessing?, or are your just trying to throw us off?