Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dave Marcis's 2001 Team RealTree

Mach2

Well, I'm gonna think long and hard and at least 3 - 4 times before I do another build using a SLIXX sheet from 2000-2004 that has dayglo stripes. All the decals from this 2001 sheet worked flawlessly, but those dayglo red stripes all shattered and tested my patience getting them back together on the model. Whew.......... Rustoleum gray auto primer, duplicolor medium charcoal metallic and black pearl over brilliant black. Kicked the nose out to a noticable snow plow look, used a LH exhaust that TomS is making from resin.

finisheda.jpg

Well, at least the shifter and fire bottle are in focus...

finishedb.jpg

Solvaset doesn't seem to have any effect on the dayglo stripes, here you can see where the back stripes have already broken and fell off

finishedc.jpg

finishedd.jpg

finishede.jpg

finishedf.jpg

The flash shows the black pearl nicely

finishedg.jpg

finishedh.jpg

Those older Slixx decals will give ya fits huh.... looks like you got 'em down pretty good for the most part though. I'm kinda curious on your paint choice. I remember this car being a straight black. What made you go with a blue/green pearl?

• 3 weeks later...