Model Cars Magazine Forum

seemed a shame...

This poor topic had no post so I decided to invite it to the party.

I have never buillt anything large scale but I do have the Big Duece and the old amt t bird hiding under my desk waiting for me to get the nerve to start them. I thought I might build to t bird first to kind of get my feet wet, then tackle the duece.

Is there anything I should watch out for on the Tbird? any special tricks to those opening doors? I have given some thought to gluing them shut. Any help would be welcome.

Mine had/has a broken windshield frame, was that way from the box.

So, I'll probably build it like that black one in Street Rod Builder or some other mag, don't remember.

Low, Mean, and Black as Black!

I would use the doors as is, they seem to work okay for me.

Project is back in the box though

Just don't have time for them all

That's a tough one

Hate to say it, but sometimes I can, uhm, erh, borrow wheels/tires from a 1/18 diecast.

I know, wrong scale, but you do what you gotta, right?

The Revel `34 Fords had some decent rims/tires.

There's not much out there

wish we could get more Aftermarket guys to do 1/16 rims.

Has anyone put a scale ruler to those Wheel/tire things that they sell at wally world? You know the ones that have the handle and you pull a ripcord and they go flying off at ungodly speeds to terrorize the cat and other small mammals. They look like they might be close, but I have never checked.

They are perfect 1/8 scale.

I have a review in #114 on them

But, to get four of same ones, will set you back $40

But then, you have four sets of four

Best thing would be to go in with some friends, share the pain

Gregg, I picked up one today. It was a Weld Racing wheel with a Hoosier dirt tire. I only paid $4.26 including tax. They even have marked the tires and wheels on the inside with the diameter so they can be interchanged. Thanks for the info!!!

Gregg, I'll keep my eyes open. i only average going to about four walmarts a day when i travel. But I only travel about 6 days a month now instead of 20-25 in the past. The trick is to buy the whole thing not just the wheel. They usually have at least 2 of each style per store.

Gregg, can't seem to get it to open. ????????

Strange, works fine for me.

But then, I'm a Mac man:-)

Email me and I will send you file

The link opens up in a new window, but it does take a few seconds to load, or download.

• 3 months later...
Gregg, I picked up one today. It was a Weld Racing wheel with a Hoosier dirt tire. I only paid $4.26 including tax. They even have marked the tires and wheels on the inside with the diameter so they can be interchanged. Thanks for the info!!!
Where did you find these at this price?

I hate to burst yall's bubble but the "Fly Wheels" and the other sets of 4 are 1/10th scale. The are a close fit to the old Lindberg 1/8th tires but still a little loose. The wheels on my Chopped Deuce (in this forum) are the Rally wheels with Lindberg slicks on the rear and the original tires on the front. You can really tell the difference when you compare them side by side with any of the new 1/8th kit tires.