Model Cars Magazine Forum

Holy Toledo!

RodBurNeR

How can i describe this trip? I will do my best to recollect the event from start ? yikes!

Ok, my wife, child and myself left Omaha about noon on Friday.

We drove to Joliet, Illinois to stay the night since i had not been to bed the night before and wife was tired so neither of us could drive. In Joliet was the Hunnert Car Pile Up! I didn't make the show, but there were some cars at the hotel and i got some pics....

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc...rt-car-pile-up/

Ok when we go to Toledo, i called Bud Lefevre for directions to the show.....knowing full well we were LATE getting there....thought we missed the hotel room reserved at the Red Roof, but i guess some guys were pulling for me and they held the room! THANKS GUYS!

I got to the show, hit the swapmeet which would take me at least a WEEK to go through thorougly! I kid you not.....there were TONS of people selling and vendors from Modelhaus, Jimmy Flintstone, R&R , Replicas & Miniature, Perry's Resin, RMR, Model Car World and many many more! Imagine not having to surf the internet and wait for items in the mail!! OH YEAH!

I finally got to meet many in person that i talk to over the internet as follows and if i forget anyone, let me know haha! There were so many it's hard to remember.

Nelson Fontanez, Daniel Lynch, Bud Lefevre, Bob Dudek (brother in law), Bill Coulter, Don Splitstone, Chuck Larsen, Chas Cochran, Richard Meany, Z-MAN, sooperdave, Howard Cohen, Norm Veber , Don Holthaus, Jimmy Flintstone, Okey Spaulding, Tom Kren, Bill Stillwagon, Steve Boutte, Michael Garrett, Cary Foster, Jim Haught, Ron VonKaenel and his buddy Jamie, Pat Redmond, Charlie Kroll and several others! ( took me 30 mins to remember that many haha!) ...... to each of you.......IT WAS AWESOME to meet you all in person finally! To have known most of you almost 4 years over the internet doesn't compare to the "personal" experience. I WILL be back next year!

There were over 700 models entered and i could not take a pic of each model since it would have taken all day ahah! There were models there that had so much detail you can't possibly fathom unless seeing in person. There were some very creative ideas and some of the most beautiful builds i have had pleasure to see in person! Let me be the first to say that the models you guys see in emails and on forums via photos.....DO NOT do them justice!

When the show was ending and they were announcing awards and the Ron Cash tribute give aways..... everyone was cleaning up their stuff to take home. I went to clean my stuff up and literally almost forgot my '67 Fairlane WHEW! haha..... i met a ton of nice people and had a blast I LOVED IT!

Special thanks to Bob Dudek who really pushed me to go and i appreciate it so much! Bud Lefevre for being a great friend and host , helping me find my way and the good time at your house! Seeing your other models and projects was a special treat! Chas Cochran for the nice COBRA KILLER CAMARO build up you gave me! I didn't know what to say? I have never been handed a build by anyone....thank you! Pat Redmond for bringing me the '48 Chevy Galaxie kit all the way from Canada! Daniel Lynch for bringing your MR.409 and your drag strip dio to take pics of yours and my Fairlane on, that was a lot of fun!

I hope i remember everything here? It was nice to see Bob and his sister together for once.

At this point i am about brain dead....yes worse than usual haha! Without further blabbing....

pics of the model show...

MY NNL PICS

Edited by awbcrazy

Tried to look at your pics Bob but the link didnt work for me

The Hunnert car pile up was the same weekend as Toledo, its 45 minutes from my house, oh well maybe next year..heres a link to past shows at the Hunnert car

HUNNERT CAR PICS HERE

wierd? here is the link again.

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc...oledo-october-/

cool ya live by the car show! i have been to that site, waiting for them to update 2007 hehe!

yeah i hope to see ya next year ;)