Model Cars Magazine Forum

Master List of kit info! (start)

hi guys like what i said earlier in another post im starting a master list of what suspensions/engines come in what kits!

so this is where i need your guys/galz (for the ladies) help here ill get it started with the following kits and info and you guys please post more info as a reply then what ill do is take that info and modify this post to create the list (hopefully we can get all the info as a group here) so no one has to ask and if they do you can just link them this thread!

i think all the pete 359 kits had the same suspension (if not please let me know and ill correct it) but they had the pete air ride suspension!

AMT PETE

The original T500 kit was issued in 1968. T500 was the stock number the extra 500 was the price back then hence the T500-500. AMT in the past had the prices within the stock number after the (-)

So here is a breakdown of Pete kits produced.

Issued 1968. (T500-500) "California Hauler" 359 Conventional. As stated above No sleeper and had green glass. Had the Detroit engine.

Issued 1969. (T500) "California Hauler" 359 Conventional. Clear glass sleeper included w/ Detroit. Brown truck on box art. ("Midnight Rider" Decals used in the kit)

Issued 1975. (T501) Peterbilt 359 Conventional. Bigger cab, different chassis, Cummins engine.

Issued 1972. (T522) Peterbilt Wrecker issued using the T500 Molds.

Issued 1977. (T533) Peterbilt Wrecker issued using the T501 Molds.

Issued 1981. (6101) Peterbilt 359 Conventional. Reissued #T501

Issued 1982. (6110) Peterbilt Wrecker. Reissued T533

Issued 1983. (6644) Peterbilt 359 "Midnight Express"

Issued 1983. (6657) Peterbilt 359 Conventional. Reissued T501

Issued 1983. (6667) Peterbilt Wrecker. Reissued T533

Issued N/A . (8126) Peterbilt Wrecker. Reissued T533

Issued 2001. (31005) Peterbilt 359 Conventional. Reissued T501 Red on Box

Issued 2002. (31750) Peterbilt Wrecker. Reissued T533 Red on Box

These are what I have records for so far and includes the number changes when AMT was seperate then buying Ertl and also with Matchbox (Lesney). If you look at the sprues you should find ingraved the original T501 numbers on them. I do not have the stock numbers when Ertl/ESCi where merged but again it was when AMT owned them. I may have missed a couple but this list should give an idea of what is out there and when produced.

Amt Pete 352 COE "Pacemaker" #T502 "ASSUMED" Pete Air - ride! and has a detroit (someone want to help confirm which one?)

Amt Pete 352 COE "Turnpiker"

AMT MACK

All the Mack kits had the Mack camel back spring suspension. They also featured Mack engines and transmissions but I cannot remember if the AMT Cruise-liner and R model had the same engine and transmission?

The ERTL Macks actually had a semi-working camel back suspension on the DM600 and DM800 models and featured Mack's 5 x 3 transmission?

AMT KENWORTH

The Watkins W925 Kenworth had a NTA 370 Cummins with a Spicer 5 x 4 transmissions and Torsion Bar suspension.

The Original release of the "Movin On" Kenworth had the exact same specs as the Walkins Kenworth.

The Kenworth K123 had a NTA 370 Cummins with a Spicer 16 speed transmission and Henderson Walking Beam suspension.

Both the Amt w900 and k100 had the torsion bar suspension. They both were changed to the Hendrickson walking beam with the release of the Kw/Challenge mixer kit. FYI the cabover Kw has Fuller road ranger tranny. The Watkins w900 and the Movin On truck are exactly the same kit with different box art and decals.

THOUGHT THIS WAS INTERESTING!(MOVIN' ON)

If you are looking for specific information and wish to build a Movin'On truck, here are some ideas! Obtain a Revell of Germany 1/25th scale Kenworth W900 or Austrailian W900 kit. You'll need an AMT kit's short hood and fuel tanks, and a Cummins 903 engine from an Ertl International 4270 Transtar Conventional (or a resin version of the engine). The Series trucks had the KW Torsion Bar suspension. An AMT kit with that is rare, a resin cast copy might be available.

The Revell kit is a darn-near perfect KW VIT. Either a set of the AMT kit decals,or paint your own stripes. Remember, the "arrow" does not extend onto the cab on a Movin' On truck, only an In Tandem truck.

THE BEST way to have accurate and easily done Sonny Stripes is to go to www.jbot.com

and order a set of Movin'On Stripes! JBOT decals has done a complete set of Sonny Stripes for In Tandem, Movin'On and even includes the stripe and door-sign on Will Chandler's KW COE in the pilot episode! These decals are superb!

ITALERI!

• Ford LTL 9000 "Lone Wolf"
  • Mack Superliner
  • Ford Aeromax 120 (also includes the reboxed Revell issue with the blue and silver truck on the boxart)
  • Western Star (Sortimo Show Truck)
  • Freightliner FLC

The Italeri Frieghtliner FLD 120 has an updated Freightliner airride suspension and the Peterbilt 377 A/E has a Pete airride suspension.

BY Aaronw:

This kind of fits in, colors used on the engines and special factory colors used by some manufacturers. Somewhere I have a list of available engines too.

http://www.modelcars...rs&fromsearch=1

This is what I have (finally found a list from a few years ago)

AMT American LaFrance Pumper/Ladder/Aerochief - Detroit Diesel 8V71T

AMT Autocar - Cummins NTC250

AMT Bandag Bandit - Detroit Diesel 12V71T

AMT Diamond Reo - Cummins NTD350

AMT Ford C series - Ford SD (401, 477 or 534)

AMT Ford Louisville - Caterpiller 3208 (or the 1160, very similar motors, not positive which)

AMT Freightliner SD/DD - Cummins NTC250

AMT GMC General / Chevrolet Bison - Detroit Diesel 8V92

AMT GMC Astro / Chevrolet Titan - Detroit Diesel 8V71 (old kits optional turbine)

AMT International F-4270 Transtar - Cummins V-903

AMT International Payhauler - Detroit Diesel 16V71

AMT International Paystar - IH V-800

AMT International F2476 - IH V-800

AMT International F2575 - IH V-800

AMT International 4300 - IH V-800

AMT Kenworth Aerodyne - Detroit Diesel 8V92T

AMT KenworthT-600 - Cummins NTA370

AMT Mack Cruiseliner - Mack ENDT676

AMT Mack DM-800 - Mack ENDT865

AMT Mack RS-685 - Mack ENDT675

AMT Volvo N-10 - Volvo F-10

AMT Volvo F-12 Globetrotter - Volvo F-12

AMT White Roadboss - Cummins NTD350

AMT White Western Star - Cummins NTD350

Italeri / Revell of Germany Ford Aeromax 120 - Cummins N14

Italeri Peterbilt 377 - Detroit Diesel Series 60

Monogram Peterbilt 359 - Caterpiller 3406

If you're looking for a heavy duty Rockwell rear suspension, the AMT Autocar dump truck kit has one.

Speaking of- there's quite a bit of easy interchangability between the AMT Autocar, White Western Star, Diamond Reo, and White Freightliner Dual Drive reissues regarding tire/wheel options, engines, and the like.

Edited by bandit1

Sean, here are ones I know about from Italeri: (I'll update this with kit numbers later.)

These kit's all have this generic air ride suspension:

HPIM3007.jpg

• Ford LTL 9000 "Lone Wolf"
  • Mack Superliner
  • Ford Aeromax 120 (also includes the reboxed Revell issue with the blue and silver truck on the boxart)
  • Western Star (Sortimo Show Truck)
  • Freightliner FLC

The Italeri Frieghtliner FLD 120 has an updated Freightliner airride suspension and the Peterbilt 377 A/E has a Pete airride suspension.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tim is right on that generic suspension the Amt t500 and Pete 352 use this suspension albeit 1/25 scale. It was also an option on the Dodge Big horn even though only the prototype was built with it. I can tell you from personal experience you might as well have a four spring suspension.

On the engine colors... for a 1960's through 1982 Peterbilt, the engine is most cases would be white. Some engines were installed yellow/tan/green, but most were white.

In the 'old days' the transmission would be chassis color as the chassis was painted with the engine and transmission installed.

Tim

• 1 month later...

bump...updated....matt whats the numbers?

Well, um, I don't know! :huh::blink: At the time of me typing this, my kits are over 1,000 miles away from me in a storage unit in WV and I'm sitting behind the wheel of my house that Peterbilt in Omaha, NE!! :lol: It may be a long time before I can get those numbers to you.

Well, um, I don't know! :huh::blink: At the time of me typing this, my kits are over 1,000 miles away from me in a storage unit in WV and I'm sitting behind the wheel of my house that Peterbilt in Omaha, NE!! :lol: It may be a long time before I can get those numbers to you.

oh ok... :huh: ...eh...what part of West Virginia?....

• 2 months later...

From what I remember,

All the Mack kits had the Mack camel back spring suspension. They also featured Mack engines and transmissions but I cannot remember if the AMT Cruise-liner and R model had the same engine and transmission?

The ERTL Macks actually had a semi-working camel back suspension on the DM600 and DM800 models and featured Mack's 5 x 3 transmission?

The Watkins W925 Kenworth had a NTA 370 Cummins with a Spicer 5 x 4 transmissions and Torsion Bar suspension.

The Original release of the "Movin On" Kenworth had the exact same specs as the Walkins Kenworth.

The Kenworth K123 had a NTA 370 Cummins with a Spicer 16 speed transmission and Henderson Walking Beam suspension.

Both the Amt w900 and k100 had the torsion bar suspension. They both were changed to the Hendrickson walking beam with the release of the Kw/Challenge mixer kit. FYI the cabover Kw has Fuller road ranger tranny. The Watkins w900 and the Movin On truck are exactly the same kit with different box art and decals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

AMT Ford Louisville - Caterpiller 3208 (or the 1160, very similar motors, not positive which)

AMT GMC Astro / Chevrolet Titan - Detroit Diesel 8V71 (old kits optional turbine)

Thanks for the help....ill edit these into the original post here later today after morning chores! :D

If you're looking for a heavy duty Rockwell rear suspension, the AMT Autocar dump truck kit has one.

Speaking of- there's quite a bit of easy interchangability between the AMT Autocar, White Western Star, Diamond Reo, and White Freightliner Dual Drive reissues regarding tire/wheel options, engines, and the like.