Model Cars Magazine Forum

More of the LoneStar

Thanks Mike. Jim, I used electric wire I had from something I stripped. They look good in that position, but not when hooked up to the trailer. The insulation and wire are too stiff to give you that "saggy" look. Unfortunately, I epoxied them into holes under the cab and can't get to them to change them. I've found some 22ga railroad wire that works much better. I'll usr it on the next one I'm working on now.

That is a great looking model, Nice work. To be honest I'm not sure why International went with that grill design, to me it's odd looking and reminds me a little of the face on the front of the Western Star in the move Maximum Overdrive :wacko:

Rich, the front end is modeled after an older IH "D" model pickup. If you google "Dmax" I think it will come up and show the article. I work for a local dealer and had access to the early photos and the story behind the DMax. Many people say it looks like an older Pierce Arrow.

Hi Arnold, Thanks for the info on the design background of the LoneStar, I did not know it was based on the "D" model pickup. It now makes a little more sense knowing they were going after a retro look on the hood. Having driven a few Transtar Eagle II's, 4300 Eagles (Conventional) and 9600 Eagle (Cabover) I always liked the looks of those trucks and thought IH had a nice interior package. The new LoneStar interior package is head and shoulders about those trucks :)

• 3 months later...